• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. EUROFROG

TCU Basketball Trivia Question

My father was friends with Coach Swaim. When TCU came to Houston to play Rice he let me sit on the end of the bench twice. In "72 and '73 I walked on trying to live a dream of actually playing for the Frogs. Every afternoon from 2-5 in September I got to play pickup games in DMC with players...
  2. EUROFROG

TCU Basketball Trivia Question

Graduations hapened. In 72-73, as I recall, we lost most of the team and had to start two freshman, a couple of JUCO guys and Herb Stephens. Was a tough time for Frog Basketball.
  3. EUROFROG

Hayden Springer earns Tour card

In May of '21, I was wandering the grounds of Torrey Pines during the US Open wearing some TCU gear. A lady walks by pushing a baby carriage on a cart path and gives me the Go Frogs sign. I was gathering short videos of players at the Open who would give my soon to be 100 year old...
  4. EUROFROG

Hauss Hejny

Actually, I can be. Being a fan is different than remembering correct spelling of names. You knew exactly who I was talking about.
  5. EUROFROG

Hauss Hejny

I've been spending lots of time in San Diego recently so have followed the career move of TCU Basketball's Jason Ladee to San Diego State. He was warming the bench at TCU so decided to go elsewhere and landed at a school with very little NIL $$ to speak of. He helped lead SDSU to the National...
  6. EUROFROG

Men's Journal: College Football Fans Can't Get Over Size of 455 Pound TCU Freshman

This reminds me of a certain basketball player who now happens to be at Colorado.
  7. EUROFROG

Was This Common Knowledge, I Don’t Recall Seeing This

From 1960-1976 there were four great, great, great, great, great grandkids of Daniel Boone attending TCU. All from one family. Would have been cool to have met the legacy of Davy Crocket.
  8. EUROFROG

Dennis Nutt being honored this week in Arkansas

Dennis Nutt is a really nice guy. I live in Hot Springs Village, AR with a big TCU flag hanging on our deck facing a golf course. While I was working in the yard a cart pulled up and a guy comes over to introduce himself. Dennis had seen the flag and wanted to meet the TCU guy who put it up...
  9. EUROFROG

2024 Recruiting Thread

Is his number 5 available for him?
  10. EUROFROG

FWST: The absence of Eddie Lampkin gets TCU in NCAA tourney loss to Drew Timme and Gonzaga

Maybe the blame lays squarely on Dixon. Afterall, he had the opportunity to recruit Timme. Timme decided against the Frogs and the rest is history...........
  11. EUROFROG

Men on college rifle teams

Sue Ann was a very nice person as well as shooter. My roommate at TCU during her years there was the only blind student on campus. He needed people to read class textbooks our loud to him every day. She volunteered a couple of hours each week to be a reader for him.
  12. EUROFROG

FrogsToday: Eddie Lampkin steps away from TCU basketball

There were a couple of times late in the last game Eddie played in when Lampkin came out of for a sub and EL gave Dixon a very frustrated hateful glare. I thought it odd at the time that Eddie was so demonstrative negatively toward his coach at being subbed out. Dixon rotates players A LOT...
  13. EUROFROG

Just met James Cash's sister

Well how about this one: See those # 54 uniforms in my avitar? Those #54 uniforms that James Cash wore at TCU belonged to me for about 30 years along with the entire set of home and away uniforms TCU used that year. Back in 1974 I tried walking on to the basketball team and actually made the...
  14. EUROFROG

BAMA basketball player in big trouble

You missed a golden opportunity to have your headline read: " Basketball's Miles arrested and charged with murder." Would have given half this board a heart attack.
  15. EUROFROG

SMU fans

I'm wondering how Zach Evans is feeling today. :)
  16. EUROFROG

I’ll be damned, someone gives us chance…

I'm in San Diego where this morning's Tribune had a nice article about the Ohio State/Georga game, but NOT ONE WORD about the TCU/Michigan game. The only mention in the entire sports section was in a list of game times for the bowl games today.
  17. EUROFROG

LA Travel and Tickets Thread

Which side of the stadium will be the Frog side? Or just getting any seat will do?
  18. EUROFROG

Frogs 103, Central Arkansas 57

That pretty much says it all.
  19. EUROFROG

It might interest some of you

Thanks, Good to have you back again.
  20. EUROFROG

2023 Recruiting Thread

Why not just get Manning to flip from UT. Sounds simple enough, right?