• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. T

TCU-Baylor MBB Game Thread

Overstated. This is still a team that should own a road win over Kansas, has beaten Houston, and won at Baylor. Avoiding the bad loss at WVU is key, but a 2-1 finish will put us in the tournament. No reason to believe that we can't win in Provo given the other places where this team has won.
  2. T

WFFT: Former Homestead standout Brown commits to TCU

That’s funny. I live in Fort Wayne, close enough to Homestead HS that I hear their marching band rehearse.
  3. T

FWST: The absence of Eddie Lampkin gets TCU in NCAA tourney loss to Drew Timme and Gonzaga

Even if all Lampkin added was 5 fouls that weren't called on other guys, it would have helped. Perhaps Timme would have expended just a little more energy, and the other guys could have defended a little more aggressively late in the game with fewer fouls on them. We will never know.
  4. T

Lampkin Enters Transfer Portal

If TCU pulled off the Arizona win last March, Lampkin would have become one of the biggest stars in college basketball. Who is to say what that would have changed. Perhaps nothing given the difficulties in his personal life. But, he would have been swimming in NIL money coming into this...
  5. T

How did we get here?

Not sure late career Tubbs would have been all that great. Probably would have turned into a Boeheim situation like Syracuse has gone through (without the same historical highs, of course). Tubbs would have won more than Neil Dougherty, of course, but the real bad hire was Jim Christian, who...
  6. T

Wild ending for Minnesota-Rutgers

Minnesota plays in a neat, funky arena. Terrible fan amenities, but a true college basketball barn of a kind that is becoming more rare. I enjoyed a few games there during my eight years living in the Twin Cities (years that included TCU football's visit to Minneapolis in 2015 and, bizarrely...
  7. T

The Athletic: CFB coaches weigh in on Georgia-TCU national championship: ‘Georgia’s gonna boat race ’em’

I pay $1 per month for The Athletic. Great CFB coverage. Would recommend.
  8. T

College Admissions

Tulsa and Creighton are excellent choices. Tulsa is extremely underrated as a city, too. Business and medical areas at Creighton might be a better overall situation than TCU, actually.
  9. T

College Admissions

With that strong of a profile (and legacy status), a defer is somewhat surprising. If the intended major is business, then it could be a defer out of an abundance of caution if applications are surging (and with business being the most popular academic program). A quick check that senior...
  10. T

College Admissions

Lots of application statistics are available here: https://ir.tcu.edu/common-data-set/ This reflects applications for Fall 2021, so you can assume two years of application increases since then. The biggest reason for a defer is likely GPA, followed by completion of rigorous high school courses...
  11. T

Mike Leach

I was at both the 2004 and 2006 games. My brother went to Tech and they were both huge showdowns. The 2006 game was the happiest I was about any Frog win until the Rose Bowl. Those were the days when you hoped that TCU was actually taking strides towards true competitiveness with the Big 12...
  12. T

We have somebody on the inside at University of Michigan

Michigan's Director of Marching and Athletic Bands is a TCU graduate and TCU Ex-Bandsman: https://smtd.umich.edu/about/faculty-profiles/john-pasquale/ Make of that what you will.
  13. T

Yesterday's Attendance

What was the actual effect on the crowd size? Same crowd as typical for Tech, with more people in purple? Or, as some Tech fans seem to be claiming, that we just didn’t sell the tickets at all and there were more empty seats where 5K additional Tech fans would have been?
  14. T

TCU-Tech crowd: What are we expecting?

No single game tickets were sold for the Tech game. My understanding is the game was only available through season ticket packages or a multi-game package. The was explicitly an effort to "Keep It Purple". Tickets are not available through the TCU website (though curiously it says "Mini Plan...
  15. T

BU Take On Yesterday’s Game

Bottom line for me is that Baylor was included in the original Big 12 and tried leaving TCU to rot, refusing to schedule the Frogs for a decade and running us down every chance they could. As payback, I want to beat Baylor like a drum until the end of this century or so. They have it coming...