• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Limey Frog

Anxious to hear

I hate news on offensive linemen anytime between signing day and the first game, because it's almost always "[Named lineman] tears ALC in camp". I believe that no news is good news for linemen.
  2. Limey Frog

FWST: TCU forward JaKobe Coles plans to enter the transfer portal

It's almost as though they aren't even in college, really...
  3. Limey Frog

Spring football

*Big XII regular season championship.
  4. Limey Frog

FWST: Jamie Dixon’s tenure at TCU is shaping up like his time at Pittsburgh

TCU is going to replace a men's basketball coach for the sin of going .500 in Big 12 play and bombing out the tourney right away just about the same time Vanderbilt fires a football coach for only getting bowl eligible.
  5. Limey Frog

FWST: TCU forward JaKobe Coles plans to enter the transfer portal

I just assume at this point that every college basketball team will be all one-year players every year, then every player will transfer again in April. I don't know why this so much worse in basketball than in football (which is already plenty bad) but it needs to be fixed very soon or college...
  6. Limey Frog

247 Sports: Three-star defensive tackle Floyd Guidry III commits to TCU

If Leipold wanted him in Lawrence he's must be tough. That's where we are now, measuring quality against KU football. What a job he's done up there.
  7. Limey Frog

FWST: How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

I don't disagree. Considering the departure of Mike Miles, who was the engine of the team last year, 9-9 with a tourney bid wasn't a bad outcome. But this team was solidly in position to do better, and looked at one point to have the talent necessary to do better. Then they didn't. That really...
  8. Limey Frog

What happened to "Eight"

He disappeared around the same time as Joe Gillespie's defense, about which he had been very optimistic. That could be entirely coincidental; I have no idea. He could be a bit touchy at times if other posters don't have all the biographical details of every player on the roster committed to...
  9. Limey Frog

NCAA Tournament

Missing two FTs when trailing by 2 with thirty seconds left is TCU levels of botching from the line.
  10. Limey Frog

FWST: How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

The season overall and in historic context may not be bad, but we were six minutes away from progressing to 8-5 in conference with a remaining schedule that included four very winnable games plus a top team we'd already beaten in their gym. Going 2-4 from that moment then not Even putting up a...
  11. Limey Frog

NCAA Tournament

I had them going out to Duquesne in my bracket. I didn't think they were very impressive overall unless they got hot shooting 3s. They won a couple of games down the stretch that they should have lost. Given how common 6-11 "upsets" are, that seemed a likely bet.
  12. Limey Frog

#BAYLORTEARS

One of the former players will probably try to hit him with a helmet.
  13. Limey Frog

#BAYLORTEARS

Baylor announced they will be honoring the 2013 and 2014 conference championship teams on the field at the game vs. TCU this year, on Nov. 2nd. https://baylorbears.com/news/2024/3/20/football-baylor-to-celebrate-the-2013-2014-big-12-championship-teams-in-2024.aspx Gary Patterson will be there...
  14. Limey Frog

Clemson Files Suit Against the ACC

My sources tell me the same thing. My sources are basic deductive reasoning skills and publicly available information. One of those is also Greg Swaim's only source. This guy is the absolute worse talking poo in the swamp of internet realignment chat, and he's got a lot of competition.
  15. Limey Frog

Big Ten athletics departments are a bunch of whores. They're expensive whores, but Florida State and Clemson football make a lot of money.
  16. Limey Frog

To keep the Big Ten from getting them.
  17. Limey Frog

Wow. That's big news. ACC is in real trouble. I had a quick look at a summary of the suit. The most interesting argument is the claim that by naming the ESPN contract in reference the the Grant of Rights, the ACC implicitly identifies the GOR exclusively with a media contract that wouldn't...
  18. Limey Frog

247 Sports: TCU QB Josh Hoover Will Miss Spring Camp

I don't know about that. It seems like TCU football often over-performs when things look bad coming into the year and underperforms when they look good. I fully expect to have no realistic idea how good we'll be entering September, and any words written on the subject (including my own) will be...