1. dawg

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Jedi’s cross was World-class.
  2. dawg

Some tasty ties.
  3. dawg

Reminded me of this routine CL quarterfinal, in Italy (IIRC ~ 2005 or 2006), where both sets of supporters threw enough flares on the pitch that the match had to be postponed.
  4. dawg

Pulisic had an eventful match. Brought a bit of CONCACAF to the Stadio Olimpico & got two Lazio players sent off. He’s having hell of a season, and the Milan fans love him.
  5. dawg

It’s back….

I kept my 2006-ish 360 running solely for NCAA14. Sadly, it gave up last fall. Knowing this game was likely to drop this year made the decision to get a Series X a no-brainer.
  6. dawg

It’s back….

Only took 11 years….
  7. dawg

Yeah, I wasn’t surprised Bayer won, but it was the dominance from Leverkusen.
  8. dawg

Not to mention when guys go down and roll around like they just got hit the leg with a .30-06 round, stopping play, and bringing out the trainers. "Oh, so you need the training staff have to come on the field, use the magic spray, and stretcher your ass off? Ok. Your team is playing down a man...
  9. dawg

Benedict Patterson!

We're scrapping around in t C-USA or maybe begging for an invite to The American had Hyman hired his first-choice HC candidate of Watson Brown in 2001. Is it disgusting for us fans? Yes. Will it be beyond odd to see him in NG tube green and piss yellow? Yes, but no weirder than seeing a Briles...
  10. dawg

Benedict Patterson!

A Briles on TCU's staff, and GP at Baylor. Yep, it's the end times.
  11. dawg

TCU: TCU Reaches Goal for Six-Year Graduation Rate

Proud member of the 5.5 year plan. Class of 2001, back when tuition by the credit/hour and still somewhat doable for those of us plebs who had to work while getting our degree.
  12. dawg

WC schedule is out. Sixteen matches in Texas... I may just have make my way to one of them.
  13. dawg

I’d love to see that. The Rose Bowl is our Crown Jewel, far and away our finest sporting venue. Agree. Seattle has one of (if not the) the best football cultures in the States. Lumen Field is lit for Sounders matches; it’ll be off the charts for an MNT WC match.
  14. dawg

MNT‘s three group matches will be SoFi, Seattle, and SoFi again. Jerrah will get a semi, and nine matches total.
  15. dawg

It's been a rough six years for Schalke.
  16. dawg

DC doesn't have a main stadium where the national team plays like other capitols (Wembley in London, Stade de France in Paris, Azteca*, etc), and the MNT doesn't have an main stadium in another city (the Maracanã in Rio). As @Purp noted, it's actually a good venue for international soccer. So...
  17. dawg

It's been two whole hours! Why isn't there a thread on Harbaugh going to LA?!?

Yeah, pretty much all of this. The MilkMan may be a bit of an odd duck, but he can flat-out coach.