• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Filed An Amended Petition

BABYFACE

Thanks Law, too many jumping conclusions.

On the whether they consented or not thing; I
did not know that a person’s example could be added without their consent.

Froglaw

Thanks Law, too many jumping conclusions.

On the whether they consented or not thing; I
did not know that a person’s example could be added without their consent.

Sure it could. But I'd be darn sure that their story jived with my Plaintiff/Client's version of events.

Again, these are unverified pleadings. Listenbee is not sworn to the facts as pled and is not bound by them if those facts turn out to be false. Texas has free amendments of pleadings up and until the pleadings deadline which is usually 30 to 60 days prior to trial.

The circus of allegations is just beginning. Get your popcorn because this will get interesting.

Watch for Amicus (friends of the Court) filings by other Big 12 members and the NCAA.

No one in college sports can benefit from second guessing injury decisions made by the team medical staff.

YA

Thanks froglaw--I posted that the allegations in the amended petition does not mean that they are plaintiffs as KL is the only plaintiff.

I see a trend starting to develop on this site and others, looking at 24/7, in which people are saying these new allegations mean that the other players are now part of the suit asking for $ themselves--that is so far from the truth and people are now turning against these former players like they did against KL that it makes me sick.

I mean some nasty stuff is being said, especially from site moderators that cannot be undone easily. People need to get their facts straight before posting nonsense.

netty2424

Anyone seen any of the other players named say anything on social media along the lines of 'leave my name out of your lawsuit!'

MAcFroggy

Interesting article from 2015 about Cam White:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...ampaign-led-cam-white-tcu-grambling/31949989/

White dubbed his first concussion in high school as the only “major” one he suffered — major because he doesn’t remember taking the hit that knocked him out of the game.

“I caught the ball for a touchdown and scored and I didn’t even know,” he recalled.

The other three came at TCU during off-the-field events. The first stemmed from an altercation that gave White a minor concussion. Then, one Saturday after a game, he suffered another when he hit his head on the couch while playing with his child. The fourth, he said, came from the previous one as part of residual concussion-like symptoms, but TCU still counted it as one.

“It was just a liability thing they didn’t want to be liable for,” he said. “They said I could go anywhere else and play as long as I got clear.”

Three doctors and a neurologist later, White, who now has a 3-year-old child and a 5-month-old child, was finally cleared to play. He later flirted with a transfer to Rutgers this past winter but “couldn’t get in.”

“It was real tough,” White said of the process. “I didn’t want my talent to go to waste when I know I can play, and maybe even play at the next level. It’s one of those things I had to suck it up and be patient.”

Zubaz

All I'm saying is that she participated in her sport with a badly sprained ankle and helped her team win the gold medal in the Olympics. What's wrong with that?
The coach that pushed her to compete (the guy that carried her on to he stand) has basically lost his position in US Gymnastics because of similar allegations of abuse.

yurintroubl

I color-coded a couple things for emphasis... and perhaps some clarity.

Interesting article from 2015 about Cam White:

The other three came at TCU during off-the-field events. The first stemmed from an altercation that gave White a minor concussion (concussion #2). Then, one Saturday after a game, he suffered another when he hit his head on the couch while playing with his child (concussion #3). The fourth, he said, came from the previous one as part of residual concussion-like symptoms, but TCU still counted it as one.

It was just a liability thing they didn’t want to be liable for,he said. “They said I could go anywhere else and play as long as I got clear.”

Sooo... None of his concussions occurred while participating in "TCU football-related activities"... except maybe the 4th one (which, if I'm reading/recalling correctly, occurred during practice bc White failed to report the one caused by the couch).

Anybody recall "the altercation" in which White suffered his 2nd concussion (the 1st while at TCU)?

Is this his way of interpreting TCU coaches/medical staff telling him "For your own protection - We cannot allow you to play football for TCU anymore?"

Bob

I color-coded a couple things for emphasis... and perhaps some clarity.

Sooo... None of his concussions occurred while participating in "TCU football-related activities"... except maybe the 4th one (which, if I'm reading/recalling correctly, occurred during practice bc White failed to report the one caused by the couch).

Anybody recall "the altercation" in which White suffered his 2nd concussion (the 1st while at TCU)?

Is this his way of interpreting TCU coaches/medical staff telling him "For your own protection - We cannot allow you to play football for TCU anymore?"
What did you do to Rooster's hair?

34276.jpg