• The KillerFrogs

Start Getting Your Hopes Up For TCU Basketball

ThisIsOurTime

TCU beats Ok State and now has three winnable games before finishing with Tech. Barring injury, I think we win the next three and earn a spot in the tournament. Think we also win a game in the Big12 tournament. What say you? How do we finish?

v. @ISU
v. Baylor
v. KSU
v. @Tech

Atomic Frawg

Win both home games & we are in. A win in the big 12 gets us an 8 seed
This is my mindset, too. Baylor got a key player back and is a much-improved team. Beating them and a dangerous Kansas State at home is an absolute must. Hold home court. Winning at Iowa State is no easy task. We have the talent and the coaching to do it, but teams just don't walk in there and walk out with wins. Even if we go to Iowa State and lose, as long as we win the home games we are in. Depending on how we get seeded in the B12 tournament, one more win is only for positioning in the NCAA tournament. But I believe if we win the two home games and lose the two Road games we are still in.

Tom Brown

Every one of those games is winnable. Have to win the 2 home games. A win at Hilton is easier said than done, but if we win those 3 we're in. Tech is a huge stretch in LBK.

Depends on how Evans feels come 3-3.
Losing the conf second leading scorer and floor general evens the playing field.

netty2424

Pretty confident that any two wins the rest of the way will get us into the tournament. With our SOS and rankings in the metrics (kenpom, rpi, kpi) 8-10 in the big 12 will all but guarantee us a spot.
Hard to argue with that. Two more of these wins and we
R4q8sUr.gif

MTfrog5

I almost feel better about ISU on the road than Baylor at home. ISU plays about the same level if not worse defense than us. We will score on ISU unless we are just ice cold. Baylor will defend a lot better and I doubt they will shoot 12% or whatever they shot from 3 against us the first time

ThisIsOurTime

Personally I think it’s more likely that we lose one or more of the next three and then beat Tech than it is to us to win four in a row.
I don't know about this. The tough game could be Baylor because they are a good team that can beat you but we do have them at home and they are a rival and if we are going into that game with a two game win streak and talk of the tournament heats up, I think we are riding with a lot of momentum into that game.

Casey T

Just wanted to point out last year, we had our best B12 basketball season ever and finished 6-12 in conference. We're currently 6-8 and will probably win at least 2 more games. I'm pumped to be having these talks, easy to forget how bad we were just 2 seasons ago when we went 2-16 in conference