• The KillerFrogs

Reading this board after a loss is worse than...

froginmn

Game day threads are a complete beating, regardless of sport. That's basically what this thread is about.

I would like them to be something I can read to figure out what is happening in the game. Instead they have become a place to read irrational complaints about everything related to the teams.

I missed the basketball game against OSU so I read through the GDT to see how the game developed. Sounded like we started badly, got a narrow halftime lead and snuck out a win. Then I read elsewhere that we won by 20.

To me, GDTs have been rendered pointless and it's a shame.

nwlafrog

I haven’t necessarily noticed the holier than thou attitudes and negativity, but I don’t have the time to browse each thread from page one to the end. I think that many of us have become spoiled from having such an elite level of success in baseball and football and now we have an elite coach for our men’s basketball program. It’s understandable to get fired up and show emotions, we are fanatical after all.

Froggy Style

I think if you want a semi accurate recap of the game, then go to a news site. If you want a hearts and rainbows chat with your friends, go to facebook. If you want to vent frustrations about the bad and comment on the great, you go to your team's message board. It's not supposed to be a accurate portrayal of what happened in the game, just accurate to the swing of emotions of those who were watching.

It's like Yelp for sports, you're only going to get the feedback of the extreme emotions because the rest don't care enough to post.