• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Doing Dad Life tonight. Killed a bottle of one of my favorite bourbons and I'm topping it off with Yuengling while attempting to make a busy board for the little guy.

The wife was not pleased when I suggested that instead of paying $150-200 for a busy board that we just turn him loose in the garage. The "my parents did it with me and I survived" argument didn't work either.

So, here I go.
26805207_10101983534308324_3276163731840299666_n.jpg
Never heard of a busy board. Didn't know it was a thing. Googled it and it's definitely a thing. Think I'll do this for my two squid as well.

nwlafrog

Besides Fort Worth and TCU, I miss dancing the most. Who the darn line dances to country music? Not me.

Country bars up north are few and far between.

Those that know every part of Copperhead Road by Steve Earle? Every single time I’ve been to a honky tonk and that song comes on people file into a line and line dance. I don’t get it.

nwlafrog

H4L, I substituted your craft soy sauce in the Buxton Hall book of smoke red bbq sauce recipe instead of their recommendation on the ribs that I smoked last week and it was phenomenal. I was nervous that I’d ruin them being my first attempt at ribs, but they turned out good and you make an awesome sauce that’s great on anything.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Those that know every part of Copperhead Road by Steve Earle? Every single time I’ve been to a honky tonk and that song comes on people file into a line and line dance. I don’t get it.
Down south, there are select songs girls may line dance to: Cotton Eyed Joe, Copperhead Road... But in some parts of the country, it is all line dancing. I'm out.

Horny 4 Life

Never heard of a busy board. Didn't know it was a thing. Googled it and it's definitely a thing. Think I'll do this for my two squid as well.

I went to a discount hardware store nearby for most of the stuff and Lowe's for everything else. It looks like I'll be in it for less than $40.

It's definitely worth it to DIY.

Horny 4 Life

H4L, I substituted your craft soy sauce in the Buxton Hall book of smoke red bbq sauce recipe instead of their recommendation on the ribs that I smoked last week and it was phenomenal. I was nervous that I’d ruin them being my first attempt at ribs, but they turned out good and you make an awesome sauce that’s great on anything.

Glad to hear it!

How is that book? I almost put it on the Christmas List. It looks like they've got some great recipes.

netty2424

I went to a discount hardware store nearby for most of the stuff and Lowe's for everything else. It looks like I'll be in it for less than $40.

It's definitely worth it to DIY.
Yah I couldn't imagine not making that and paying prices I saw searching them. Crazy. Side business. Couldn't take 30 minutes to put one of those together. Probably takes longer to go get the stuff.

Frog-in-law1995

Down south, there are select songs girls may line dance to: Cotton Eyed Joe, Copperhead Road... But in some parts of the country, it is all line dancing. I'm out.

Boot Scootin Boogie. Electric Slide. I didn’t mind line dances so much. Gave me an excuse to get a beer and watch the girls in their Rockies. Lord I miss Rockies.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I hit a deer a week or so ago and bent up the front bumper on my truck. The rear bumper had some dings in it as well, so I decided to get heavy duty replacements, with the front bumper having a built in grill guard. The guy (young kid) at the parts store figured an old fart like me couldn't install them myself, so he added in $140 for installation. He seemed amazed that I wanted to do it myself and made a big deal out of reworking the bill with the lower amount. He even told me that if I changed my mind, just bring them back and they'd do it for me. Well, I jut finished putting both of them on, as well as fixing the leaking windshield washer reservoir that got damaged by the deer collision. I really want to take it back by there on Monday to let him know that it went just fine.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I hit a deer a week or so ago and bent up the front bumper on my truck. The rear bumper had some dings in it as well, so I decided to get heavy duty replacements, with the front bumper having a built in grill guard. The guy (young kid) at the parts store figured an old fart like me couldn't install them myself, so he added in $140 for installation. He seemed amazed that I wanted to do it myself and made a big deal out of reworking the bill with the lower amount. He even told me that if I changed my mind, just bring them back and they'd do it for me. Well, I jut finished putting both of them on, as well as fixing the leaking windshield washer reservoir that got damaged by the deer collision. I really want to take it back by there on Monday to let him know that it went just fine.
I can see Ranch Hand as a replacement, but to deck your ride out in that initially is excessive. Even though I almost hit one at 65 mph last weekend.

Horny 4 Life

Do it.