• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

MTfrog5

Agreed, honestly surprised that Punter hadn't heard of them. Great band and a regular on my playlist.
Yup saw them last year at the red dirt BBQ festival in Tyler. They were the second group to play after Flatland Cavalry opened. Thought those two were worth the night alone then had Cody Canada, Wade Bowen, and Cody Johnson to finish it off. Punter you need to try and make it to Tyler this year

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So every year at MusicFest at Da Boat I seem to discover a band I hadn't seen before.

This year...Shane Smith and The Saints. Holy Crap they are freaking awesome. So pissed I didbt see them earlier. Crazy energy. Great songs. Kinda reminds me of a energetic version of Whiskey Myers meets Reckless Kelly. These guys are gonna be huge. Saw them twice and got goosebumps both times....so dam good.

Check this song out...

https://g.co/kgs/STbwS3
They played at TCU on Friday before homecoming. Great show. No one showed up.

Punter1

No kidding. They've been around for 3-4 years at least.

Ok...Ive heard of them for a while. Just never seen them or listened to their music. Being in Austin and being able to see big name after big name every weekend I am very guilty of seeing the same bands all the time and not branching out and risking a valuable babysitter nite and taking a chance on a new band. My own dam fault.

Speaking of music....anyone here going to Mile Zero Fest in Key West next month???....me and the wife and another couple are...its like a mini-Musicfest with all Texas red dirt bands playing for 4 days at a bunch of venues in Key West. First year for this deal...but I have high expectations.

ftwfrog

Ok...Ive heard of them for a while. Just never seen them or listened to their music. Being in Austin and being able to see big name after big name every weekend I am very guilty of seeing the same bands all the time and not branching out and risking a valuable babysitter nite and taking a chance on a new band. My own dam fault.

Speaking of music....anyone here going to Mile Zero Fest in Key West next month???....me and the wife and another couple are...its like a mini-Musicfest with all Texas red dirt bands playing for 4 days at a bunch of venues in Key West. First year for this deal...but I have high expectations.
So cool. We saw ads for that when we were there a few months ago. Love that place.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Key West kicks ass.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So...is the water warm enough to swim in February? I know it's kinda dependant too on the weather but it looks like mid 70s for highs but I hear people swim there year round...
I would expect so but Key West isn't a beach island. It's mostly rocky.

Edit: there is a small beach. And nearby islands have beaches.

It's a very fun place. Sort of has its own set of rules.

Last edited:

Punter1

Because there's a studio right downstairs and I walk by it 6 times a day. There was a girl in there the other day in white pants. Those should be outlawed.

My wife has some light grey ones that I can't help but stare at all day..

Ive actually stated going to LuLu and shopping for her. That place is chalk full of hot sales girls wearing thin yoga pants as well and you get tons of attention as the only guy in there spending a couple hundred bucks...