• The KillerFrogs

Well..Well..Well

Smooth42

what a difference a QB makes. I can’t remember the last time we have ever beat tech this bad at their place? Our defense played great and we had a true leader running the O. Sure he made a few mistakes but this kid is gonna be one of the best TCU has ever had. Uh... did anyone notice how he stays in the pocket, with no happy feet. Just fires and takes a hit and gets up and leads us to the next play. MANS GAME. He is a huge vertical threat. Cumbies sideways plays are the only thing that didn’t work well again. Unleash SR. He is the real deal!

was impressed with his ability to get the ball deep. that changes everything! And tough, did you see him throw the defender out of the way, take a vicious hit to the shoulder and get up and get back after it? The toughness is great, and as he learns more, then he will avoid the shots he can while knowing he could be a LB when necessary.

Shorty

A what difference having our defensive leader and another starter out makes. Holding tech to 3 points at their place? We finally had some back ups out there that could play. Sure they had a couple penalties but did you see how they held that high power Tech team down? Our missing starters couldn't manage that against the other teams. MANS GAME. Unleash Downing. He is the real deal!

(Maybe Tech is garbage?)

ftwfrog

A what difference having our defensive leader and another starter out makes. Holding tech to 3 points at their place? We finally had some back ups out there that could play. Sure they had a couple penalties but did you see how they held that high power Tech team down? Our missing starters couldn't manage that against the other teams. MANS GAME. Unleash Downing. He is the real deal!
)

I can’t decipher between what is sarcasm and what isn’t.

Limey Frog

I can’t decipher between what is sarcasm and what isn’t.

Not sure it matters on this thread. I thought Robinson looked good for a freshman, though we were very lucky with bounces on fumbles and I would never have expected a Big XII officiating crew to give us the redzone turnover on review, even though it was the right call. Lose a couple of those fumbles and not strip Tech twice in the redzone and it's a totally different game. None of that had to do with Robinson. Moreover, Tech was overall so poor that no sane Frog fan can doubt that Kenny would have beaten them if fit. He may have his deficiencies as a passer, but if you think Robinson looked like a college ready QB in the passing game yesterday then you're just seeing what you want to see. He showed promise, no doubt. But he was way off on most balls down-field.

Onward and upward.

Last edited:

DelFrog

Defense won that game and Robinson didn't lose it. Like most true Fr making a first start, he had his up and downs. SR made a few big plays and he was lucky to avoid a few more big negative plays as he needs to protect the ball a lot better. TCU as a team, was very careless with the ball, fumbling many times, but very fortunate that they only lost one of those fumbles.

HFrog12

I can’t tell if OP is being sarcastic or not either. I think the future looks very bright with SR and am excited about everything he brings. But he was like 6 for 17 passing with under 100 yards I believe. He did some special things with his legs and threw some good vertical balls. But he also fumbled many times and was fortunate to only lose 1. This is not dissing a true freshman frog but he wasn’t a world beater Saturday and no one should have expected him to be in his first start.

TCURiggs

I can’t tell if OP is being sarcastic or not either. I think the future looks very bright with SR and am excited about everything he brings. But he was like 6 for 17 passing with under 100 yards I believe. He did some special things with his legs and threw some good vertical balls. But he also fumbled many times and was fortunate to only lose 1. This is not dissing a true freshman frog but he wasn’t a world beater Saturday and no one should have expected him to be in his first start.

Smooth is a longtime troll, btw

froginmn

Shorty - you remind me of baker mayfield. Punk. Can’t believe you are dissing a true freshman frog?
Guessing that he was just dissing the silliness of the premise in this thread.

SR did fine. We scored 20 offensive points and gained almost 300 yards.

Defense was awesome.

hindry

Not sure it matters on this thread. I thought Robinson looked good for a freshman, though we were very lucky with bounces on fumbles and I would never have expected a Big XII officiating crew to give us the redzone turnover on review, even though it was the right call. Lose a couple of those fumbles and not strip Tech twice in the redzone and it's a totally different game. None of that had to do with Robinson. Moreover, Tech was overall so poor that no same Frog fan can doubt that Kenny would have beaten them if fit. He may have his deficiencies as a passer, but if you think Robinson looked like a college ready QB in the passing game yesterday then you're just seeing what you want to see. He showed promise, no doubt. But he was way off on most balls down-field.

Onward and upward.
i saw it through a glass darkly. although he ran exceptionally well , his passes seemed eithe too hi, to long or behind the receiver.

i don;t blame a frosh QB, i blame Cumbie or whoever is in charge. Why didn't Robinson get more reps over the last 8 games?
and why did we play call nothing but 10+ yds passes. the wide out screen or slant across the middle worked dam well for Hill. Cumbie never called that play for Robinson.

we played well be defense held. same as always, come the 4th qtr the opponents D was knackered and we could score with impunity.

again not knockin robinson, but OC looks mighty suspect