• The KillerFrogs

Possible 5 way tie for 2nd place

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Scoring differential would then be used and ISU is +7 against us and -7 against OSU, they’ll have the lowest differential eliminating them and then it’s down to OSU and TCU

Frog-in-law1995

Scoring differential would then be used and ISU is +7 against us and -7 against OSU, they’ll have the lowest differential eliminating them and then it’s down to OSU and TCU

We wouldn’t get to scoring differential. First tiebreaker is record against tied teams. We’d each be 1-1. Second tiebreaker is record against best conference team not in the tie. That would be OU, and only ISU beat them.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Well I just looked at the tie breaker rules I thought I knew, turns out my brain is a mess and pain killers are a hell of a drug. I’ll just concede the point and call it a night.

I miss whisky.

Frog-in-law1995

Looking at this more closely, we’d even lose on point differential if it came down to us, ISU and OSU. We’d be a +6, ISU would be even and OSU would be a -6. So OSU would be eliminated and we’d lose H2H against ISU.

Planks

The only way TCU can be left out of the CCG is if we are in a two or three way tie that includes ISU.

So in summary:

1) TCU beats Baylor we are in.
2) ISU loses to KSU, TCU is in even with a loss to Baylor. (TCU has tie breaker over Texas, OSU, and WVU)
3) If at least two out of the three of OSU, WVU, Texas win, TCU is in even with a loss to Baylor (TCU wins in any combination of a four or five way tie scenario)

Planks

#FiveTrueRunnersUp

Jokes aside, threads predicated upon our losing at home to 1-9 Baylor?

Boooooooooooo.

In truth the bigger impact of OSU’s loss is that it makes our chances of making a NY6 bowl considerably better. 10-2 OSU likely would have been selected over 10-3 TCU. So OSU loss probably bumped TCU up from #3 to #2 in the Big 12 bowl pecking order.

Brog

If we lose to Baylor, not only should we not play in the Big 12 Championship but we should turn down a bowl invitation and think really hard about what we just did. It's darning 1-10 Baylor. There is no greater hate. And no greater embarrassment than to lose that game.

You would be embarassed, SO, you say, no bowl game for the players who have been working hard for several months?