• The KillerFrogs

Glad to see Shawn Robinson start for TCU

FrogLifeYo

Some of the balls Robinson threw were right on the money and dropped..Throw to Austin down the sideline and Diarse in the end zone come to mind..(DB made a great play on Diarse ball). Throw to the TE was actually a pretty good throw that I think the TE was expecting. In the OU game all of those were balls that OU receivers were coming down with..

There were plenty of bad throws as well but I was actually pretty suprised at just how good he threw for his first time out..His arm was a legit weapon that Tech had to adjust for

TCURiggs

This thread just shows that people see what they want to see. The Tech DB's made a couple of nice plays on passes that were on the mark, but Shawn missed a lot of throws down the field. The wind was definitely a factor, but to say he was accurate "especially on the deep throws" is silly talk... 35% for 80 yards with no blatant drops. His legs were much more valuable than his arm today, which I'm not mad at. Dude is going to be a serious threat in years to come, but today wasn't pretty throwing the ball.

FrogLifeYo

This thread just shows that people see what they want to see. The Tech DB's made a couple of nice plays on passes that were on the mark, but Shawn missed a lot of throws down the field. The wind was definitely a factor, but to say he was accurate "especially on the deep throws" is silly talk... 35% for 80 yards with no blatant drops. His legs were much more valuable than his arm today, which I'm not mad at. Dude is going to be a serious threat in years to come, but today wasn't pretty throwing the ball.
I think your right..he missed more than he should have but I think we can agree that it was good enough to cause Tech to respect it. High ceiling for the kid...Kenny plays today we put 40 up

Dogfrog

One drop by Reagor I would call blatant. Right in his breadbasket.

lowfrog

I would like to see Kenny play next week, but that is going to be up to GP and Cumbie to decide next Thursday or Friday morning. Assuming it is a concussion or concussion symptoms (still not officially announced), he has to pass/clear concussion protocol with the doctors and has to have been involved in all prep and at least be at practices before the game. If all of that hasn't happened, then don't believe that GP and Cumbie will allow him to play. More likely, at this point, SR plays against Baylor and Kenny comes back for another shot at Oklahoma the following week.

ShreveFrog

Hopefully both play vs. BU. But can’t afford further injury to Kenny. Hard to use conditions today as a measuring stick. Excited for future.

maximilian

The bomb to Snell was a dime that he dropped. Other than that, a whole lot of potential and very little passing results, because of elements, drops, and overthrows.

All things that Hill haters would have solely put on Kenny's shoulders, had he been the QB.

FrogLifeYo

The bomb to Snell was a dime that he dropped. Other than that, a whole lot of potential and very little passing results, because of elements, drops, and overthrows.

All things that Hill haters would have solely put on Kenny's shoulders, had he been the QB.

You make a good point and your right. Although the standard for which you hold a Senior with 25+ career D1 starts (many successful) and a true freshman starting his first game should probably be a little different. I think most who believe they saw a good passing game out of SR are taking into consideration that his mom was asking him to go clean his room at this time last year. He'll have many more years of being treated unfairly by this fan base ahead of him

TX_Krötenechse

I’m guessing Kenny won’t play against Baylor and that they both play in the CCG if we win, but Kenny will get the start (as he should).

Baylor definitely capable of big offensive plays, so we need to have a good game plan to maximize whoever gets the start.

What Up Toad

The big thing I noticed is that they trusted Robinson to make throws they don't have Kenny make. He didn't have great numbers, but his throws were close to the receivers and he'll improve as he gets used to his receiver's speed and worries less about throwing an interception.

HeidelFrog

I’m excited about him too. Talent is there. But 2 completions for 20 yards in the 1st half. What 85 yards passing? Not sure how throwing over the head of your 6’9 TE was a good pass??? Guy will be good but If KH played that exact same game, people would be calling him all kind of colorful names

HeidelFrog

I just don't get it....true freshman starting his first ever game away no less and in 40 mph wind is judged exactly the same as a 5th year senior? Unreal.
QB play is QB play. I’m not trying to knock SR. He played well for a true freshman on the road in tough conditions. No doubt. But QB play is QB play.

TCURiggs

You make a good point and your right. Although the standard for which you hold a Senior with 25+ career D1 starts (many successful) and a true freshman starting his first game should probably be a little different. I think most who believe they saw a good passing game out of SR are taking into consideration that his mom was asking him to go clean his room at this time last year. He'll have many more years of being treated unfairly by this fan base ahead of him

No doubt the standards are different, but a lot of our fans have thought that Shawn would do better than Kenny regardless of the conditions/excuses. Bottom line, Shawn went out and put up a worse QBR than Kenny's worst start, against Tech's defense, and people are saying "he played great" and "he threw the deep ball well" as he put up about 300 total yards less than Baylor's Freshman QB did last week, with a worse supporting cast.

It's okay that he struggled a bit, as any rational person thought he might in his first start in a tough spot/conditions, but there's no need to act like 35% completion and 169 total yards is a great outing just to fit your narrative.