• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: TCU vs TECH

Realtorfrog

Just got back to the hotel...... question.

On the completed pass that had the roughing the passer penalty...... why was the pass yardage not given? Roughing had to be after the ball was released. Thought it would be completion yardage plus personal fouls. ?????

PO Frog

Just got back to the hotel...... question.

On the completed pass that had the roughing the passer penalty...... why was the pass yardage not given? Roughing had to be after the ball was released. Thought it would be completion yardage plus personal fouls. ?????
He didn't catch it.

Your last paragraph has been my main point for most of the season, but that hasn't been good enough for a lot of our fans.

I also don't think going downfield was the plan for Shawn, as he didn't start doing that till the 2nd quarter. It looked like he just got a little excited about hitting the big play, started looking for that immediately after the snap, and never went to his check downs. No doubt it's very excusable since it was his first college start, on the road, but today is just another example that you don't have to throw it downfield every other snap to be a good offense. We were best when we ran the ball and kept the chains moving, as we've done all year with KH. That whole "we need to air it out more, which Kenny can't do" train of that has beaten me down all year. We need to do exactly what we've done to get us to this point, which is the opposite of throwing it downfield for an incompletion.
Thank you

Caprock

I may have left the stadium right there if I’m a Tech fan. Still dumbfounded he didn’t go on 4th down from the 2.

Don’t forget this is the coach that kept attempting field goals at WVU and give 22 points in the 4th qtr. And the coach that took a knee with 42 seconds left against KSU because he didn’t trust his kicker. Try making sense out of that crap.

Double V

I don't bet, sorry, it's a waste of money. Just using that as a figure of speech. Most insiders are thinking he stays. Many boosters are ready to buy him out but the AD and others seem to be pushing back.
What insiders are thinking he stays? The staff was told before the season it was 7 wins or out. Now, that MAY be construed to mean 6-6 and a bowl win. A loss to UT would certainly seal the deal.

Chongo94

What insiders are thinking he stays? The staff was told before the season it was 7 wins or out. Now, that MAY be construed to mean 6-6 and a bowl win. A loss to UT would certainly seal the deal.

Insiders within the administration. Seems they think the defensive progress is enough to warrant attempts to keep him. He could still get fired but it's not as cut and dry as many seem to think it is.

flyfishingfrog

Before the season there were not 16-17 programs with a higher profile potentially also looking for a new coach...

If Tech gets rid of Kliffy they will end up with a coach they fire again in 2-3 years - unless they hire Sonny Dykes - which would suck because he is a great guy and doesn’t derserve that [ Finebaum ]hole