• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s situation with QB Kenny Hill reveals flaw in recognizing serious injury

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s situation with QB Kenny Hill reveals flaw in recognizing serious injury

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

In reviewing the entire TCU game at Oklahoma and watching every TCU offensive snap, it’s not hard to see how no one caught the concussion suffered by quarterback Kenny Hill.

Hill will not be with the team when it flies to Lubbock to play Texas Tech on Saturday morning because he is out with concussion-like symptoms.

With 2:10 remaining in the game at Oklahoma, TCU faced a third-and-five from near its own end zone. Hill ran the ball and took a shot to his right side that forced him to the ground. Hill went into a fetal-like position and covered his face mask and was slow to rise.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article185211983.html

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I tell you what's scary. A lot of us played before concussion was even a word and you practiced every day until you were cross eyed and drooling. Pretty bad.
In high school I got my "bell rung" tackling a RB and couldn't figure out what to do next so I just started walking down the field toward the bus. A couple team mates came after me, brought me to the huddle (remember those?) and I kept playing. Fun times.

It was a good article. My assumption going in is he would point a giant accusatory finger at GP for not immediately recognizing what Mac did later on film and leaving Hill in the game. But he didn't. Good for him.
I suspect Muck watched the film hoping that he'd find out that KH got a concussion in the first quarter so he could go after GP and make news for himself as a journalist.

Shorty

In high school I got my "bell rung" tackling a RB and couldn't figure out what to do next so I just started walking down the field toward the bus. A couple team mates came after me, brought me to the huddle (remember those?) and I kept playing. Fun times.
I got KOed in a rugby game, got up dazed, and kept playing for 10 or 15 minutes like normal but I have no memory of that period. Suddenly I "woke up" on the field and had no idea where I was, what position I playing, etc. I went to a teammate over and over and asked them if I was playing wing and they realized something was wrong and subbed me off. Brains are weird.

Limp Lizard

If there is helmet-to-helmet foul and not targeting or a late hit...what is it? I know helmet-to-helmet contact is not always a foul, something the B12 head of officiating stated several times in the preseason B12 media conference back when it was first initiated.

Mean Purple

If there is helmet-to-helmet foul and not targeting or a late hit...what is it? I know helmet-to-helmet contact is not always a foul, something the B12 head of officiating stated several times in the preseason B12 media conference back when it was first initiated.
I know the play slack angle was writing about. Kh did not sit there in a fetal position. He got up quickly. But is should have been a penalty on OU. It is possible that was the play. It us possible it happened in practice on Monday.
Screw the star telegram. They can' stand that we BEAT Texas. And screw this league. They shat on us for years. I only care about the FROGS.

BABYFACE

I had a couple of concussions from my younger days. Besides the brain fog, I remembered they wouldn’t let me fall to sleep.

Pharm Frog

I had a couple of concussions from my younger days. Besides the brain fog, I remembered they wouldn’t let me fall to sleep.

Yep. Sitting up watching your son all night long trying to keep him awake. Watching him struggle to remember his full name. Being unable to recite the days of the week or months of the year (but could do the months backwards). Not knowing his father's name or what high school he plays for. Only being able to name two teammates. Watching him navigate the house by "feel" because he couldn't stand to open his eyes. Seeing him lay down on the floor because he thought it would make his headache go away. And then hear him plead and beg with a neurologist to clear him to play on Friday. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Only positive was that he couldn't stand to put ear buds in and listen to that rap crap stuff.