• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why heralded TCU QB Shawn Robinson could take over against Tech and never look back

Planks

If Western Virginia wins out, OU will have 2 losses.

OU and TCU would advance from a 4-way tie involving WV and OSU because we each went 2-1 against the other 3 teams. But if OSU loses and it’s a 3-way tie with just us, OU and WV, point differential will come into play. That’s not good for us.

The next tie breaker isn’t points, it’s record against the next highest place team not involved in the tie, which in your scenario would be Big 12 #4 OSU. OU and TCU beat OSU, WVU lost to OSU so WVU would be eliminated.

For TCU to miss out on the CCG it would require OSU losing two games thus making ISU the #4 team.

Planks

Pretty much the only time you will ever see the points tie breaker come in to play will be if there is a three way tie between 1 loss teams. Otherwise record against the fourth place team will break the tie 99% of the time (unless it’s a really crazy year where the fourth place team beats all three of the top three teams yet isn’t in the top three themselves)

Limp Lizard

kelbund1.jpg

Leap Frog

There was a time when Texas high school playoffs used penetrations for a tie game.
The team with the most penetrations (no jokes please) inside other team's 20 won.
I know, crazy way to do it, but educators had something against longer games.

Frog DJ

Am I missing some posts by ignored users? I'm more confused than Snookie on Celebrity Jeopardy. Wouldn't OU be in sole possession of 1st with 1 loss while we would be tied with the Pokes and Fighting Holgos with 2 losses? And we would be 2-0 against those two, the Pokes 1-1, and the Eers 0-2.

But you seem to clearly be talking about a different scenario so I'm not even sure what's going on here. Am I pulling a Tom Brown and posting in the wrong thread?
Liked for "Snooky on Celebrity Jeopardy."

I watched Jersey Shore for about 5 or 6 minutes just to see what all the fuss was about, shot my TV and took heroin to ease the pain.

Go Frogs!

OmniscienceFrog

There was a time when Texas high school playoffs used penetrations for a tie game.
The team with the most penetrations (no jokes please) inside other team's 20 won.
I know, crazy way to do it, but educators had something against longer games.
Yep. and if they were tied in penetrations, they went to first downs made, and if that was tied went to total yards.

You would see teams late in a tie game and tied in penetrations be at the opponents 25 or 30 yard line treating the 20 yard line like the goal line. They weren't interested in scoring, just crossing the 20 for the "game winning" penetration.

Last edited:

MacarthurTexas

I have felt the entire season that Hill would not finish the year as the starting QB. I've watched a lot of HS football in my days and SR is a different cat. I think the guy is going to be special.

kidkarr

What would really be weird is if a 3-loss team plays 11-1 Oklahoma in the CCG, and beats them. What a messed up way to win a "Conference Championship".
K state in 01 or 02 did it if I recall. Think ou still played for a NC though.

Edit. It was 03