• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why heralded TCU QB Shawn Robinson could take over against Tech and never look back

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why heralded TCU QB Shawn Robinson could take over against Tech and never look back

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

Shawn Robinson sometimes calls his high school coach by his first name.

He earned it.

“He jokingly called me Todd one day,” said DeSoto coach Todd Peterman. “It was right before the state final. I said, ‘Tell you what, you can call me Todd when you win a state championship.’”

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article185060423.html

Limp Lizard

I never saw Hill play in HS, but I watched Robinson on the televised playoff games and he impressed the hell out of me. I was going to say that I hate it that he starts due to an injury to HIll, but that would mean that Hill had been awful the previous 10 games, and we would not be 8-2. So, get well Kenny, and go Shawn!

ifrog

I never saw Hill play in HS, but I watched Robinson on the televised playoff games and he impressed the hell out of me. I was going to say that I hate it that he starts due to an injury to HIll, but that would mean that Hill had been awful the previous 10 games, and we would not be 8-2. So, get well Kenny, and go Shawn!

Pretty sure they were both 4 stars coming out of high school. I think that Shawn has a higher ceiling in the long term. Very impressive that Hill, Robinson and Rogers were all 4 stars. QB U!

MBAFrog

Tier 1
We had others that unfortunately were ran off when Hill arrived. Always appreciate student athletes regardless of where they come from.

Pretty sure they were both 4 stars coming out of high school. I think that Shawn has a higher ceiling in the long term. Very impressive that Hill, Robinson and Rogers were all 4 stars. QB U!

P

purplePPO

I'm looking forward to seeing Robinson play. Looking forward to a fresh start at QB. A lot to play for this year and the next 3. Go Frogs!

UnderToad

Need to win next 2 games to "all but clinch a spot" in Big 11 title game?

Is there a way we win the next 2 and don't make the Big 12 title game?

Limp Lizard

Need to win next 2 games to "all but clinch a spot" in Big 11 title game? Probably. Could lose one if OSU and WVa lose one. ISU complicates the picture, though.

Is there a way we win the next 2 and don't make the Big 12 title game? No. Tied with OSU and WVA with 2 losses, but won both head-to-head.

Frog-in-law1995

Need to win next 2 games to "all but clinch a spot" in Big 11 title game? Probably. Could lose one if OSU and WVa lose one. ISU complicates the picture, though.

Is there a way we win the next 2 and don't make the Big 12 title game? No. Tied with OSU and WVA with 2 losses, but won both head-to-head.

If WV wins out we would miss the championship game unless they beat OU by 30.

Wexahu

What would really be weird is if a 3-loss team plays 11-1 Oklahoma in the CCG, and beats them. What a messed up way to win a "Conference Championship".

Frog-in-law1995

I'm not familiar with this tiebreaker rule. I've always been under the impression that if there are 3 teams tied for 2nd place in the conference and one of those 3 beat the other 2 then there were no other tie breakers to consider.

It would be a 3-way tie for first place (if OSU loses...I should have included that important caveat, since they’re playing KSU and KU). And each of the three will be 1-1 against the other two, so it will go to point differential, where we are a -11.

Purp

It would be a 3-way tie for first place (if OSU loses...I should have included that important caveat, since they’re playing KSU and KU). And each of the three will be 1-1 against the other two, so it will go to point differential, where we are a -11.

Am I missing some posts by ignored users? I'm more confused than Snookie on Celebrity Jeopardy. Wouldn't OU be in sole possession of 1st with 1 loss while we would be tied with the Pokes and Fighting Holgos with 2 losses? And we would be 2-0 against those two, the Pokes 1-1, and the Eers 0-2.

But you seem to clearly be talking about a different scenario so I'm not even sure what's going on here. Am I pulling a Tom Brown and posting in the wrong thread?

Purp

There was one crazy scenario. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember it requires Kansas to beat Oklahoma State. I stopped reading it after that.
Not sure how. If Kansas beat the Pokes then we'd be in a 2 way tie with the Eers for 2nd and we won that one head to head.

Frog-in-law1995

Am I missing some posts by ignored users? I'm more confused than Snookie on Celebrity Jeopardy. Wouldn't OU be in sole possession of 1st with 1 loss while we would be tied with the Pokes and Fighting Holgos with 2 losses? And we would be 2-0 against those two, the Pokes 1-1, and the Eers 0-2.

But you seem to clearly be talking about a different scenario so I'm not even sure what's going on here. Am I pulling a Tom Brown and posting in the wrong thread?

If Western Virginia wins out, OU will have 2 losses.

OU and TCU would advance from a 4-way tie involving WV and OSU because we each went 2-1 against the other 3 teams. But if OSU loses and it’s a 3-way tie with just us, OU and WV, point differential will come into play. That’s not good for us.

Last edited:

Purp

If Western Virginia wins out, OU will have 2 losses.

OU and TCU would advance from a 4-way tie involving WV and OSU because we each went 2-1 against the other 3 teams. But if OSU loses and it’s a 3-way tie with just us, OU and WV, point differential will come into play.
So I was missing something terribly obvious. But wouldn't that then make a 4 way tie atop the B12? We'd be 2-1, OU would be 2-1, Pokes would be 1-2 and Western VA would be 1-2.

Are you saying that the only way we don't make the CCG is for all of that to happen AND the Pokes lose to either Rock Chalk or EMAW? If so then that makes sense and I'll go take a nap b/c my head hurts and I clearly didn't get enough sleep last night.

Frog-in-law1995

So I was missing something terribly obvious. But wouldn't that then make a 4 way tie atop the B12? We'd be 2-1, OU would be 2-1, Pokes would be 1-2 and Western VA would be 1-2.

Are you saying that the only way we don't make the CCG is for all of that to happen AND the Pokes lose to either Rock Chalk or EMAW? If so then that makes sense and I'll go take a nap b/c my head hurts and I clearly didn't get enough sleep last night.

exactly. I added more while you were typing.