• The KillerFrogs

All the media wants Texas to be good

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The media is no more desperate for Texas to win than our own Kf.Com posters. (See separate thread proclaiming whorn triumph) Apparently we are all UT sycophants.

~~~tweet~~~
5 yard penalty on Mr. Purple for using big words on a sports forum. Move the ball back to the 27 & reset the clock to 4:33, 2nd down.

Limp Lizard

If Texas had won Saturday they might have made it into the top 25, but we need for the press and the committee to fall in love with Texas to help our perceived SOS. Actually we actually need the perceived SOS to be good for whoever wins the conference. Notice I said "perceived."

CountryFrog

I wouldn't go that far, saying he is a "total spare". Man, it's amazing the knee jerk reactions people make over ONE game. He didn't have his best game for sure, but he still made some plays down the stretch that probably very few QBs make. Is any team that isn't TCU or player that isn't associated with TCU entitled to a bad game every now and then?
Do you not read the criticism on here of Kenny Hill after every incompletion? This board may be guilty of a lot of things, but it is very equal opportunity when it comes to bashing QB play.

Wexahu

Do you not read the criticism on here of Kenny Hill after every incompletion? This board may be guilty of a lot of things, but it is very equal opportunity when it comes to bashing QB play.

Yes, you have a point there. But if Darnold is a total spare, I wish we had a lot of them. I thought he looked like a really good QB who made a couple terrible throws. Some of those those and plays he made down the stretch facing a good pass rush were pretty sick.

hiphopfroggy

I agree that most of us are not Longhorn fans but the sad truth is that in order for the B12 to be seen as relevant in the eyes of the U.S. college fan base, sports fans, coaches and newspaper columnist, UT and OU need to be good winning programs. That's just the cold, flat, blunt truth. The only exception of course is when they play TCU.

This ends the day TCU wins a natty.

W

Way of the Frog

This ends the day TCU wins a natty.

Unfortunately it doesn't because bias is a byproduct of ignorance and sloth. The simple presumption that something being bigger is better. Why do people eat at McDonald's when they are traveling somewhere and yet they would never go eat there when they are at home and no the local places to eat. Bigger is better right?