• The KillerFrogs

Last Chance U, 2nd season

Chongo94

About halfway through it so far. Anyone else watching this season? Thoughts?

Random observations:

Head coach is still an ass.
Hugh Freeze makes an appearance.
Amazed that some of these guys have made it this far.
One of the dudes is a dead ringer for Lil' Jon.
DL coach seems like a good dude.
Great uncle of the Kam guy seems like a great dude.

Dakota Allen, hard to believe he was involved in armed burglary or whatever after seeing how he is on this.

QB is the ex FSU qb that decked the girl in the club and is now playing for Kiffin and We Got White Girls Briles at Florida Atlantic.

Austintxfrog94

Just finished up the season 2 yesterday. I came away with very similar thoughts. Really like that D Line coach and Allen does seem like a really solid guy who made a huge mistake.

I think the head coach is a big fat idiot. Him calling out the OC on the sidelines and saying "that's not what your ex wife said" was a POS move. I want to send pencils and money to their rival after watching season 2.

Chongo94

Just finished up the season 2 yesterday. I came away with very similar thoughts. Really like that D Line coach and Allen does seem like a really solid guy who made a huge mistake.

I think the head coach is a big fat idiot. Him calling out the OC on the sidelines and saying "that's not what your ex wife said" was a POS move. I want to send pencils and money to their rival after watching season 2.

Glad I'm not the only one. I should finish the rest tonight or tomorrow. Agreed on that about the DL coach and Allen. And honestly, so far, I think the qb seems ok and they've handled his issue well. He could change as I've still got some episodes to go through but he doesn't come off at all like I thought he would given what he did.

Completely agree on the coach. He seems like the type to take his ball home if he doesn't get his way and he just tries to bully anyone around him. He's the definition of a big fish in a small pond who is way too full of himself.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I've only caught a little bit of season 2.

Observations:

1. Head Coach is a POS. He says he's going to stop cussing, only to immediately start cussing again.
2. I'm glad they have subtitles because I can barely understand most of those kids.
3. To further point 2, some of these kids are seriously dumb as rocks.
4. Their growling #1 fan needs therapy
5. Still WB Brittany Wagner.

Chico Dusty

I've only caught a little bit of season 2.

Observations:

1. Head Coach is a POS. He says he's going to stop cussing, only to immediately start cussing again.
2. I'm glad they have subtitles because I can barely understand most of those kids.
3. To further point 2, some of these kids are seriously dumb as rocks.
4. Their growling #1 fan needs therapy
5. Still WB Brittany Wagner.

I love the growling fan! Guy is electric. Also enjoy the "Mississippi Slim" character. He's only seen with cut-off sleeves, no matter what kind of shirt it is.

Lone Frog

Finished season 2 last night. I enjoyed it, but season one was better. There were several kids in the first season I could actually cheer for.

This time around? None. Dakota Allen is the closest, maybe one of the other D-line guys. Isaiah Wright? Useless. That Kam guy on the DL? Useless.

I like the D-Line coach. And of course I'm still in awe of the Job-like patience of Ms. Wagner. But I was actively rooting for the team to lose every game.

Chongo94

Finished season 2 last night. I enjoyed it, but season one was better. There were several kids in the first season I could actually cheer for.

This time around? None. Dakota Allen is the closest, maybe one of the other D-line guys. Isaiah Wright? Useless. That Kam guy on the DL? Useless.

I like the D-Line coach. And of course I'm still in awe of the Job-like patience of Ms. Wagner. But I was actively rooting for the team to lose every game.

I'm almost finished with it. I tend to agree. Although at times initially I did feel sorry for that Kam guy, he just really is or seems lazy and useless. Isiah Wright needs to gain about 20-30 pounds if he wants to stay a running back. He looks super fast though. The Chauncey guy on DLine seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.

That DLine coach is just great. Some D1 school may eventually pick him up. The head coach makes me want to root against them. He's just an amazing ass. I get that some coaches believe in tough love and like to yell but damn, I would never ever want to play for someone or even work with someone like him.

Also, never have thought about juco cheerleaders before but I find myself wondering what their motivations are...the players, obviously, trying to get to D1. The cheerleaders? Being a cheerleader at a juco in truly the absolute middle of nowhere...why? No offense to the cheerleaders that is.

Last edited:

maximilian

VERY off.

Also, wb "Miss Bretny."

Yeah I'm lost without subtitles at times too. I'm not sure I ever know what the Tim kid is saying without them.

Mit Wagna, per Ollie from S1.

I liked De'Andre Johnson. He made an awful, awful decision, but seems to have paid his debt and understands what he did. Same with Dakota. They messed up, but have their heads on straight and seem to want to succeed.

Amazing that those guys only have FAU and Tech for choices, while Kam openly talked about hating practice and ended up at Pitt.

ScottPatrick

Also, never have thought about juco cheerleaders before but I find myself wondering what their motivations are...the players, obviously, trying to get to D1. The cheerleaders? Being a cheerleader at a juco in truly the absolute middle of nowhere...why? No offense to the cheerleaders that is.

Not really cheerleaders but have you seen the girls at Kilgore JC? The Showgirls got their start by some former Rangerettes.

ScottPatrick

Interesting info, haven't watched the show so thanks for bringing it up. Will need to check it out.

Also interesting that Dakota Allen ended up back at Tech and is expected to start for them this season.

Atomic Frawg

Interesting info, haven't watched the show so thanks for bringing it up. Will need to check it out.

Also interesting that Dakota Allen ended up back at Tech and is expected to start for them this season.
According to him, this is not accurate. He made it seem as the school itself, not the football team, would not allow him back on campus until August, thereby missing summer and fall workouts. Something may have changed since the filming of the show, though.

ScottPatrick

According to him, this is not accurate. He made it seem as the school itself, not the football team, would not allow him back on campus until August, thereby missing summer and fall workouts. Something may have changed since the filming of the show, though.

What is not accurate?

He enrolled in the spring and went through spring drills at Tech and is there now.