• The KillerFrogs

Forum Update?

Atomic Frawg

Has anyone else lost the little "skip to the top or bottom" arrows on their interfaces? They used to be appear on the bottom right corner of the screen if you scrolled. I noticed that the main page of kf.c also looks different. Was losing the speed arrows a side effect? Is there a way to get the back in the settings or something?

berryfrog95

With all of the pop-up ads between topics on mobile I've noticed that as well. If your on iPhone you still can touch the top border of your phone to get to top of page

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
There has been a lot of questions that I've been answering via PM, but let me address them here.

First, yes those buttons are gone... for now. Most of the changes have been at the request of our new ad network, which have required more ad spots in order for our site to be considered for inclusion. I know, it's not what everyone wants, but bear with us as we just finished their "required" updates and are now working on compromises and "fixes" that will bring back functionality y'all like (the back to the top/bottom buttons being one of them). I'm also working with Wes on the minimal-ad membership option, and once that is set those members will only see the top banner ad and will have full screen layout on the forum and topic pages again.

We're working on it, but be patient as we try to strike a balance between revenue needed to keep the doors open and happy Frog Fans.

Atomic Frawg

There has been a lot of questions that I've been answering via PM, but let me address them here.

First, yes those buttons are gone... for now. Most of the changes have been at the request of our new ad network, which have required more ad spots in order for our site to be considered for inclusion. I know, it's not what everyone wants, but bear with us as we just finished their "required" updates and are now working on compromises and "fixes" that will bring back functionality y'all like (the back to the top/bottom buttons being one of them). I'm also working with Wes on the minimal-ad membership option, and once that is set those members will only see the top banner ad and will have full screen layout on the forum and topic pages again.

We're working on it, but be patient as we try to strike a balance between revenue needed to keep the doors open and happy Frog Fans.
Thanks for the response. Feel free to adjust the thread title to something more compelling in order to get the word out, and sorry if I missed a thread that already touched on the topic.

TxFrog1999

Okay, Full Members and KMA Members should now be back to full screen. Still working on the to the top/bottom buttons, but that will take time as it interferes with the fixed ad on mobile.

Shorty

As a freeloader I'm not going to complain about ads as long as there's no redirects (and I haven't had that problem in a long time).

TxFrog1999

As a freeloader I'm not going to complain about ads as long as there's no redirects (and I haven't had that problem in a long time).

Thank you, and the redirects are part of the reason why we're moving ad networks. In fact, the entire group of NCAA fan sites that we're a part of is making the shift over the malicious ads, so hopefully these won't be an issue from here on out.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Let me jump in as well

This is a work in progress as we just went live with the ads yesterday

Our operating costs have jumped up big time so we do need the ads to help cover costs

To guard against malware we had to add a malware scan service and that ain't cheap

So please be patient and we'll work this out but it may take a while as we have other jobs and cannot work on it 24/7

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Copy all & thanks for all the behind the curtain work continuing so the rest of of us slothful types can keep up with the Frogs.

Side question: Does Fred's have sufficient wifi hotspot and all other assorted requirements for the annual State of Frogdom lunch or is that in a Dinosaur zone?

Just a thought... Ever considered having a public fund raising campaign to raise money from members (through membership as an example) to cover the cost of this place? I presume you aren't making money on it, based on your statements of its significant expenses.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Just a thought... Ever considered having a public fund raising campaign to raise money from members (through membership as an example) to cover the cost of this place? I presume you aren't making money on it, based on your statements of its significant expenses.
Yes and we are coming up with some subscriber options

We'll aways have ads and have had them since day 1. This site costs about $1000 per month so they are a necessary thing for us

All cheap [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] need to man up and pay for KMA.

Wes my buttons are gone and I still can't edit a post after it has been posted like the old board.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
All cheap [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] need to man up and pay for KMA.

Wes my buttons are gone and I still can't edit a post after it has been posted like the old board.
OK..let me pass this along to TxFrog1999.

Edit functions should be working but as you may know, it is a little different

Yes and we are coming up with some subscriber options

We'll aways have ads and have had them since day 1. This site costs about $1000 per month so they are a necessary thing for us

Assuming advertisements defray 20% of that cost, I'd think we could easily get 150 or so members to put in $5 bucks a month for no ads. I'd do that for sure.

netty2424

Just realized I'm still on the 'offline version' after switching over from the redirects.

Can someone remind me how to get back to the site?

I clicked Default Style in the bottom left corner and 3 options popped up. Do I click Killer Frogs from there?