• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU knows the feeling of another Omaha disappointment

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU knows the feeling of another Omaha disappointment

BY GIL LEBRETON
glebreton@star-telegram.com

For all but one team at the NCAA College World Series, the week begins with a parade and fireworks, but ends with moist eyes and disappointment.

The team bus parked alongside TD Ameritrade Park is loading. Players with eye black-stained faces are hugging parents. Senior teammates are hugging teammates.

Their six-month college baseball season is over, and the void seems profound. The TCU Horned Frogs should have known that feeling as well as any team at this year’s College World Series.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...-lebreton/article158154949.html#storylink=cpy

ftwfrog

I hate the word "disappointment". Getting to Omaha means you've accomplished your goal and it means you had a hell of a season.

I won't ever forget this year: the scares we had with the bullpen including the meltdown in WVU, the beating we took at the hands of Tech and the green school in Waco, the marathon win vs A&M, sweeping the S-E-C in Houston, Tuesday tailgates, Baker's walk-off vs UT, the sinking feelingI had after walking out of a Tuesday beat down at the hands of SFA. The ten hour, rain filled tailgates at regionals, hosting a super regional and finally taking care of it in 2 without putting stress on my heart, Skoug's bomb! Ending aTm's season...again. And of course my two boys' first trip to a game at the College World Series which just happened to be the hottest game on record at TD Ameritrade. To me, none of that is a disappointment.

Thanks to Coach Schloss and all of the people who gave my family and friends great memories.

Pharm Frog

Didn't read the article but I think the headline is pretty accurate at least. 7 of 8 teams in Omaha will be disappointed. Headline at least doesn't suggest to me that the season was a disappointment. Personally, I think I'd rather be disappointed in Omaha than any other possible location in the baseball playoffs.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
While I know everyone in Horned Frog Nation wants a National Championship and knows how close we've come, I really hope they don't over look or get complacent with the amount of elite baseball they've gotten to watch in Lupton the last 7 or so year.

Considering our fanbase, I think a large amount will absolutely take this for granted.

Spike

Considering our fanbase, I think a large amount will absolutely take this for granted.

I personally have yet to get sick of it. Every season brings drama; injuries, maybe an underpeforming player or two, and a rough spot somewhere along the way. The last 2 seasons the team has hit a rough spot only to find their stride at just the right time. The first baseball I remember was 1980. The stadium was a dump, they couldn't play at night, and they dropped 2 to UTA. I don't think I will ever take Omaha for granted.

FBallFan123

Hard to feel disappointment over this year's team.

College posteason baseball will always have a bit of a crapshoot feel to it...so I really don't think a team that makes it to the CWS should ever be considered a disappointment.

This year especially, given how it all played out.

Lose Baker before NCAA tournament began and still made it to CWS.

Frogs just ran into a great pitcher twice in a week....Faedo's a 1st round draft pick, arguably the best pitcher in college this season.

Anyone else read Omaha as Obama in the trhread title?
First thoughts were this should be an interesting thread and you can blame Obama for a lot of stuff but I couldn't wrap my head around how he affected our results at the 2017 CWS.

Dogfrog

Your team got a fortunate seeding in the brackets, Gil. Switch TCU and LSU brackets and it's TCU vs. Fl in the final IMO.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Only took to the 6th post for a "fan" to [ poofster ] about our fans. KF.c gonna KF.c.

I am not referring to those who post on here and the diehards who have season tickets and actually use them (like you, myself or others), merely those fringe people who only show up when its postseason time. But that's inevitable across any fanbase of any sport. The phrase I used - "A large amount" - probably was a little much.