• The KillerFrogs

Luken Baker injury info

Clever coaching get top seed then announce what we all suspected. I feel super sad and for Luken he deserves to play in the postseason. Do baseball players get red shirts for medical?

Pharm Frog

Clever coaching get top seed then announce what we all suspected. I feel super sad and for Luken he deserves to play in the postseason. Do baseball players get red shirts for medical?

Yes but not in this case after having played extensively. Son of Pharm got a med-red this past season because of labrum repair surgery but he only had 4 ABs when his season ended.

frognutz

Nailed it!

You did nail it. As late as Saturday afternoon Schloss telling media that they still hoped to have him back for some of the post season. Baker surely had already had surgery at that point. It's just college baseball, so not that many nosy folks to outmaneuver.

PTFrog

I will sure miss seeing Luken Baker playing in the post season, but I can't help but think back to basketball. Near seasons end, Jaylen Fisher, a star in his own right, went down with injury along with any realistic hopes for the team in the post season. Somehow the team adjusted, players upped their game, and the team improved with every game thereafter, peaking with the NIT Title. I am hoping the Frog baseball team will have a similar success story. Go Frogs!

Came out in the OU series. Torn UCL and hairline fracture in the elbow.

Do you know if the surgery was to fix the Torn UCL or to set the fracture with screws? I really have not heard anything at all about the injury itself or the rehab length of time it will take for him to return to full strength.

Purp

Do you know if the surgery was to fix the Torn UCL or to set the fracture with screws? I really have not heard anything at all about the injury itself or the rehab length of time it will take for him to return to full strength.
No idea, but I doubt they'd do surgery for a hairline fracture. I've had several of those and surgery was never a consideration.