• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Frogs clinch Big 12 series against Oklahoma State on Skoug’s clutch single

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Frogs clinch Big 12 series against Oklahoma State on Skoug’s clutch single

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

TCU catcher Evan Skoug no doubt would like his average to be higher.

But his RBI numbers are just fine.

He drove in his 16th run, second-most on the team, with a seventh-inning single that gave the Horned Frogs a 6-5 victory against Oklahoma State on Saturday night, clinching a Big 12 baseball series at Lupton Stadium.

Skoug singled sharply into center field to score Austen Wade, who walked with two out and reached second on Cam Warner’s single. The hit brought Skoug’s average to .221 with the regular season just past the one-third mark; he hit .301 last season and .285 as a freshman.

“My confidence is back, I think,” Skoug said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...niversity/article140852403.html#storylink=cpy

flyfishingfrog

Guessing he was trying to say he thinks his problem has been confidence not mechanics and he feels like he is getting past it?

But that's just my interpretation.

Regardless, I saw him take a few pitches last night that he has been swinging at lately - like the high fast ball he took for ball 4 - and he seems more patient and to be seeing the ball better at the plate.

If he, Barz, and whoever the hell hits in the 9 hole can even get to .250 - this team could get scary

Pharm Frog

Noticed the same thing about laying off that high heat last night. If he can force pitchers to get down in the zone, he'll be in his preferred zone. In fairness though I've seen more high strikes called this year than in any season prior making me wonder if it's a point of emphasis