• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by stbrab

1. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

I just finished it this morning…I give it a B. There’s plenty of realism in it. Worth the watch but not in the stratosphere of Band of Brothers or the Pacific.
  2. stbrab

GoFrogs: Kubota College Baseball Series Preview

Tolle starts with 3 Ks!
  3. stbrab

GoFrogs: Kubota College Baseball Series Preview

First time to Globe Life. Really nice ballpark!
  4. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

Hulu.
  5. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

Hmm…I didn’t have a problem. It was free with my subscription.
  6. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

Justified…it’s a sort of modern day western, and it’s excellent! It’s a series with 5 or 6 seasons…2010 - 2015 I believe. They also did a limited series follow up just last year. It was also excellent. Another that’s really good is 11.23.63…it’s a limited series based on a Stephen King novel...
  7. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

I’m into the second season now. I agree, excellent series. Another in this genre is the Expanse. I believe it’s on Prime… I think six seasons. It was excellent as well.
  8. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

Just started watching Das Boot, the series. Up to episode 4. It is excellent so far…on Hulu.
  9. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

There are others worth watching as well. I know you’re retired from the military. There’s an excellent WW2 naval movie called Greyhound with Tom Hanks. Also, later this month a WW2 mini-series called Masters of the Air will air. It’s from the same people that produced Band of Brothers and the...
  10. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

I’ve been watching a lot of Apple TV lately. Several excellent series I’d recommend: 1) - Ted Lasso - goes without saying and most of you have seen it. 2) - Slow Horses - just finished the current season…great series. 3) - Lessons in Chemistry - watched with my wife, didn’t know if I’d like it...
  11. stbrab

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

You may be right, but you can’t win the title unless you get the opportunity to play for it. In the 12 team format, more teams, including TCU will get that opportunity. I believe the title should be won on the field, not because you were invited to the dance such as with the BCS…or prior when...
  12. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but yes, it was the result of a motorcycle wreck in the mid 80s.
  13. stbrab

OT - Movies thread

Yeah, Kerry was much bigger…and was a great athlete. I remember him winning the Tx high state championship in the discus in 77? 78? Seems like he had the national high record for a time. I remember after he died it was disclosed that he wrestled for years with a prosthetic foot…unbelievable!
  14. stbrab

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Wouldn’t happen to be around Vinson would it? :):) Happy New Year DD!
  15. stbrab

If not Dykes then what are the options?

Yes, it does. We stopped and ate at La Posta in Old Mesilla on our way to the Fiesta Bowl last year. Always enjoy their Mexican food!