• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by Showtime Joe 2.0

1. S

OT: A Plea for Help from My Fellow Attorneys and Others

Yes, I understand fully where you're coming from since I've never even seen a part-time attorney's position advertised, much less applied for one. All my applications have been for full-time positions, and I've only landed a handful of interviews compared to the scores of jobs I've applied for...
  2. S

Thank you so much for those kind words and fine sentiments! I really appreciate it.
  3. S

Thank you so much for that splendid link and the excellent advice!
  4. S

Thanks, Chongo! I'll start applying for those full-time public school jobs immediately.
  5. S

Yeah, I think that a doctorate in education would open up a lot of doors for you and possibly lead you into an administrative position, if you wouldn't mind that. Life as an adjunct is not for the fainthearted, that's for sure. During the pandemic, Dallas College decided to go back to...
  6. S

It's O.K., I'm used to having people making false assumptions about me! In my final semester at Harvard Law School, the school newspaper wrote an article about me that started out by noting my ubiquitous presence on campus before stating, "you've wondered to yourself, 'he isn't really a student...
  7. S

It's hard to believe that someone who does "not want to work" would apply for scores of full-time jobs every year and get interviewed for several of them, because that's what I've been doing for years now. It's not hard to believe that some people will jump to inaccurate conclusions about other...
  8. S

My doctorate is in history, not education, so, no, I've never been certified as a Texas teacher. Oddly enough, with the proliferation in dual-credit classes, I wind up teaching in public high schools every semester anyway, in addition to teaching at community college campuses. Last semester I...
  9. S

I’m afraid that was never one of my specialties but thank I’m sorry but that was never one of my specialties. But thank you very much!
  10. S

Yes, please do and thank you very much!
  11. S

Yes, I’ve been trying to get that kind of work for years but those projects almost always require previous experience, which I don’t have. It’s kind of a Catch-22.
  12. S

Yes, I’ve looked into that before and I almost signed up last semester but I was told that I may not get a lot of assignments because I’d only be able to substitute on Fridays. But I’ll look into that again and thanks!
  13. S

Thank you for that suggestion. I will definitely look into part-time work at Bucees. But my life is not an “off-season bit.” It is what it is. There are a number of people on this board who know me.