• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by Gary's Shirtless Revenge

1. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

ESPN + is showing Texas State @ Baylor

Not predicting it specifically, but my guess is Aranda’s seat is starting to get very hot. Program is moving backwards. They’ve got some major NIL problems too.
  2. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Theo Wease? Zach McQueen?

It's well known that AI large language models (LLMs) frequently make stuff up, or "hallucinate" as the AI developers call it. It's a real issue.
  3. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

New State recruiting laws

Everybody is a states' rights activist until 'crootin comes into play! #StateLaw
  4. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Final Apple offer details, from public reports and general scuttlebutt I trust: - $25mm AAV for 12 members over 5 years, but it was scaled and the early years were much lower. Think $20mm per in year 1. - There was a mutual termination option after year 3. This was meant to protect Apple, who...
  5. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Priority #1 is making basketball only work for two schools, which he’s been all but told he must do (vs full membership). I think that might be a tough road. There are other full member possibilities that could happen, but we will see what develops.
  6. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

In other words: He and everybody else got played.
  7. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

There may not be room, financially, for all four corners. Somebody might need to take a bit of a haircut.
  8. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

This and the Dodd tweet smell heavily of BY placing leaks, fyi. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, just putting that out there.
  9. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Apple folks, famously tight-lipped, made it known they weren't happy about the accelerated timetable nor the deal terms being leaked (in part). I'm not sure this is a deadline as much as it is a withdrawal (my intuition).
  10. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Nope, but if they received a benefit in the early years that then later corrected, that would likely be adjusted out accordingly. That doesn’t mean they’d be certain, quite the opposite actually. But it doesn’t matter. I don’t think they are ever going to sell enough subs for those higher...
  11. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

It’s going to cost more than that and the assumption on net value the subscriber will bring will be higher.
  12. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Just a note for those doing math at home, keep in mind that Apple likely uses a form of mark to market management accounting/reporting for subscriber revenue. For example, if a new subscriber signs up for $5 a month, the book value can be placed at the “fair market value of that subscriber”...
  13. Gary's Shirtless Revenge

Summarizing what I'm seeing on Twitter and putting that up against the industry chatter I have as my background: - If it's Apple instead Google/YouTube, that probably means no upfront payment or purchase structure is included. Just a straight licensing deal, though the PAC Network would likely...