• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by frog9999

1. F

DC Joe Gillespie let go

There is nothing wrong with a 3-4, if you know how to run it. Lets be clear, JG ran a prevent defense for 95% of the snaps.
  2. F

Fire Joe Gillespie

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!!!!
  3. F

Fire Joe Gillespie

Maybe SD didn't want to fire JG before the holidays. We can keep our hopes up that jg will be gone, at least until Jan.
  4. F

Fire Joe Gillespie

More likely he is trying to figure out how to drop back one of his linemen into pass coverage. As this is the only thing (in his mind) that has kept his prevent defense from being unbeatable.
  5. F

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

I'm sorry but you can have 22 top defenders (first and second string) and still constantly get blown out when you insist on running a passive prevent defense 95% of the time. Those 22 pretty soon become lethargic and morph into pretty poor players. When you play not to lose rather than play to...
  6. F

SB Nation: TCU CB Ish Burdine enters transfer portal

The way JG runs that defense, tackling doesn't seem to matter much. LOL
  7. F

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

I get your point, but are we Cal 2.0? I believe that is his only other gig as a P5 coach. All of his success has been at G6 schools where the competition is not quite as tough. But in his defense, a lot of good coaches have made the jump. I am just worried about his prior lack of success at...
  8. F

Football Scoop: Sonny Dykes lays bare college football's problems

You are right but look who we beat. 2 teams who were Group of 6 only a year ago, a cupcake and a really lousy Baylor team.
  9. F

Football Scoop: Sonny Dykes lays bare college football's problems

Like somebody said awhile back; Cal 2.0
  10. F

Fire Kendal Briles

That's because JG has no concept of how to run a 3-4 properly. His 3-4 is nothing more than a prevent defense that is normally run late in a game when you are up by 3 touchdowns. His philosophy appears to be one of being passive rather than aggressive.