• The KillerFrogs

Why does TCU discourage basketball attendance?

geno

Just got the email from TCU encouraging attendance at the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and festivities. Guess when? At 7:00 PM tonight on the Commons. And doesn't TCU/Lamar basketball game start at exactly the same time? Who plans the timing of these things?

Houston Frog

Who plans the timing of these things?

ogre_nerds.jpg

Wog68

All universities have many activities scheduled at various times. Often, there may be conflicting events. So what?

Kaiser

way to support your student athletes.

unreal.

The University can't schedule all events around sports. I'm sure the University has the temerity to schedule classes that conflict with weekday sporting events as well.

And seriously, how many students besides you, are avid fans of both tree lightings AND basketball? The basketball fans can go to the game. The arboreal illuminationists fans can do whatever it is they enjoy doing.

anom

I was discouraged by the 20 price for tickets. gf and i decided its not worth 40 bucks to watch the game. 10 bucks and im there

Meanie 23

I saw on Facebook that the Varsity is offering free tix w/ a purchase, all you have to do is ask for them. Go pick up some purple, watch a tree get lit, and head to the DMC. Problem solved!

Just got the email from TCU encouraging attendance at the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and festivities. Guess when? At 7:00 PM tonight on the Commons. And doesn't TCU/Lamar basketball game start at exactly the same time? Who plans the timing of these things?

The tree lighting has been on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving for years. That's just when they do it. It's a tradition. I remember attending them when I was at TCU 20 years ago.

NativeFrog

The tree lighting ceremony will be more exciting and be more of a positive experience for the university than the TCU-Lamar basketball game. If Billy Tubbs was coaching either team, the basketball game would have been more exciting.

TCURiggs

The University can't schedule all events around sports. I'm sure the University has the temerity to schedule classes that conflict with weekday sporting events as well.

And seriously, how many students besides you, are avid fans of both tree lightings AND basketball? The basketball fans can go to the game. The arboreal illuminationists fans can do whatever it is they enjoy doing.

"Avid fans of tree lightings" sounds funny to me. I picture rabid fans in ugly Christmas sweaters traveling the country to see different lightings, and going nuts as soon as they plug the lights in.