• The KillerFrogs

Cam Newton bribe recording

Goo

Just called and got details. Bill in Destin, Florida is MissSt donor and has phone recording of Cam Newtons dad saying Auburn agreed to pay $200k but he would go to Miss for only $180. Very detailed conversation about method of payment and 3 installments of $60, first before signing and second on signing. Said he gave tape to NCAA last week after story started breaking. Already had death threats from Auburn fans.

It will be interesting to see how/if this develops. The SEC is pretty good about hiding this kind of stuff q

D

Daniel Plainview

Just called and got details. Bill in Destin, Florida is Miss donor and has phone recording of Cam Newtons dad saying Auburn agreed to pay $200k but he would go to Miss for only $180. Very detailed conversation about method of payment and 3 installments of $60, first before signing and second on signing. Said he gave tape to NCAA last week after story started breaking. Already had death threats from Auburn fans.

It will be interesting to see how/if this develops. The SEC is pretty good about hiding this kind of stuff q

Thats crazy good news if true. I'm sure there is no link to it because this would be alll over ESPN and the world of sports in general if there was. But who did you call to get that information?

Goo

If Cam suspended would drop Auburn in polls and obviously great for Frogs. Wherevthere is smoke there is fire.

Liverlips

If true, then he's gone...however, we don't want this to happen. If Auburn loses him for any reason, the SEC excuse machine will get cranked up. We want them, with him, in Glendale.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He should have released it on youtube. Leaving it in the control of the NCAA means that no one will ever hear it, as their job is to sweep anything negative under the rug.

We may never know.

FROGDADDY

If Cam suspended would drop Auburn in polls and obviously great for Frogs. Wherevthere is smoke there is fire.

The question that needs to be asked is where is the smoke coming from? Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume it's coming right out of your butt.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

If true, then he's gone...however, we don't want this to happen. If Auburn loses him for any reason, the SEC excuse machine will get cranked up. We want them, with him, in Glendale.

It definitely would be ideal to put a stopming on a team before scandal gets completely exposed. If Newton is out however this kind of scandal would make a great counter point to the SEC whine mill.

SnoSki

Just called and got details. Bill in Destin, Florida is Miss donor and has phone recording of Cam Newtons dad saying Auburn agreed to pay $200k but he would go to Miss for only $180. Very detailed conversation about method of payment and 3 installments of $60, first before signing and second on signing. Said he gave tape to NCAA last week after story started breaking. Already had death threats from Auburn fans.

Have you heard said clip?

Goo

I don't see how this story doesn't come out. The fact that I heard about means it is pretty public and is now on internet. I can see donor being nervous about having taped conversation and going to NCAA, rather than posting on YouTube

Goo would probably hold a press conference in hot tub

Opintel

Moderators
Wow. If accurate:

Teflon spray the fan blades...here comes a big load of poop! If When this hits ESPN and all the other Dogs & Cats, there will be plenty of crazy stuff going on...

...Now that's entertainment! :tongue:

I feel sorry for no one involved - the player (if true), is over 18 and should not be excused for his actions. The so-called adults, they need a good hanging judge to administer to them. Where is our old Judge Roy Bean? :mellow:

Dman890

Also let's think logically here. Why would anyone in their right mind go to Miss St for 20K LESS than attending Auburn??? It seems like it would be the other way around.

one of the top programs in the SEC vs. a bottom feeder.......

This is bogus