• The KillerFrogs

CBS' Tim Brando on moving the TCU-Utah game

peacock

Tim Brando of CBS was on the Paul Finebaum show (about 5 min in) saying he couldn't understand why the mountain west refused to move the tcu-utah game to primetime, he insinuated that cbs college asked them to and the mwc refused....could that be right, if so that makes no sense at all, why would they want that game up against bama/lsu when the 2 best night games are a&m/ou and ark/so.car?

http://podcasting.fia.net/6960/4542898.mp3

Trelvis

I was just about to start a new topic and post this info I just saw on Twitter....

----------------

So, I dont know how much stock to put into this or how connected this "Utah Sports Critic" is, his website isnt even up yet, but this was just posted on Twitter not to long ago...

http://twitter.com/utahsportcritic

rumor.jpg

leofrog

I was talking with a buddy yesterday about this very same thing. My reasoning is that the Mountain West puts the schedule out with times listed. If they did most games with a time of TBA, then they would be in a better position to move them. If they moved a game the week before/of, that might upset people who made other arrangements. I am not saying that is the reason they didn't change it, but it does put the conference in a bind announcing the times.

But, like Atlanta, there will be much less energy at RES.

peacock

I highly doubt the MWC turned down an offer from the big CBS to showcase TCU / Utah in primetime.

agreed that is why i was surprised by Brando's response....i would even take a primetime game on cbs college...although i get the point about playing utah at night....

Metropolis777

They couldn't move to the primetime slot on CBS College without an agreement from Memphis & Tennessee whom are playing at that time. OTOH, they would never pass up a move to primetime on CBS nationally.

MN Frog

They couldn't move to the primetime slot on CBS College without an agreement from Memphis & Tennessee whom are playing at that time. OTOH, they would never pass up a move to primetime on CBS nationally.

Could have something to do with the free preview of CBS-CS this weekend I would guess. What better way to market your network than to have the best game in the nation coupled with a free day of coverage? I would guess they will send their A team to cover it and overdo the coverage to inflate the experience for new customers. Just a thought....

Dogfrog

That's not what the original poster said. He said move to primetime, but still on CBSC.

Correct, CBS network never suggested since that's where Bama / LSU will be played. He just thought it would get a better audience at night. Personally, I'd rather it stay a day game.

Klaw

CBS has moved the LSU vs Alabama game to 7 pm.

Hopefully, this means that the TCU vs Utah will be moved to the SEC 2:30 spot on CBS.

peacock

CBS has moved the LSU vs Alabama game to 7 pm.

Hopefully, this means that the TCU vs Utah will be moved to the SEC 2:30 spot on CBS.

LSU's official twitter page says that is a mistake, their game is still at 230pm

http://twitter.com/#!/lsufball