128FC1C2-56A7-426A-9015-F8C40602A02B.gif

1489CFAE-2CE6-451F-B0B0-C083F8931E3C.gif

2672C2F5-B827-486D-829F-9E60D928A638.gif

8881AF83-4C5E-4C72-8FB8-A8B1D408E627.png

D40CEC02-81CF-4BA4-A239-702213DB66C0.png

1C0629BF-0196-4950-A96F-A6C597DDCC2D.jpg

335E5FBB-F396-4172-AF09-6471C27176A8.jpg

westoverhillbilly

The corps of cadets beat their fish (freshmen plebes) on the butt with axe handles repeatedly just for being freshmen.. If this Kypner kid is in the corps, he'll get a sufficient extra beating for doing what he did on the tennis court in Columbus.. If he's not in the corps, he'll just have to live with ridicule and embarassment for the remainder of his life..

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The corps of cadets beat their fish (freshmen plebes) on the butt with axe handles repeatedly just for being freshmen.. If this Kypner kid is in the corps, he'll get a sufficient extra beating for doing what he did on the tennis court in Columbus.. If he's not in the corps, he'll just have to live with ridicule and embarassment for the remainder of his life..

Wait! You mean there is no Johnny Manziel Bad Conduct Medal!?!

Huh, and I always figured flogging the fish was some of circular group Aggie tradition...

ftwfrog

from Texags
No let serves in Men's D1 Tennis. They play lets.
This used to be a conference by conference case. Why? Teams in the SEC (one in particularly that I don’t remember) used to be real [hundinnen ] about it and call a let on every impressive, close serve. It was shady and more importantly slowing down matches and causing bad blood. Pretty chicken boat. I guess it has found its way to other conferences.

tcumaniac

Something wrong with this whole thing. That serve hit the net. The match wouldn't end on that return. Right?

Something's fishy. Or I don't remember tennis.
D1 Men's Tennis doesn't play with Lets any more.

I don't recall when the change was made, but there used to be a lot of cheating. Players getting aced would call lets or players missing returns would call a let. Since most of the chair umps are in no position to overrule (generally pretty old, not on the line, etc.), it was decided to allow let serves to count as good. The women's serves are not so fast that they can't be judged accurately by the chair ump, so let serves are still in effect for them.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I don't recall when the change was made, but their used to be a lot of cheating. Players getting aced would call lets or players missing returns would call a let. Since most of the chair umps are in no position to overrule (generally pretty old, not on the line, etc.), it was decided to allow let serves to count as good. The women's serves are not so fast that they can't be judged accurately by the chair ump, so let serves are still in effect for them.

They can’t put a little seismometer with a beep function on each net? Hell, just put a decent camera above the tape and give the umpire access to rewind and slow down via an ipad. Or do all reviews by one guy off court. Seems like too simple a solution to just allow lets.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I don't recall when the change was made, but their used to be a lot of cheating. Players getting aced would call lets or players missing returns would call a let. Since most of the chair umps are in no position to overrule (generally pretty old, not on the line, etc.), it was decided to allow let serves to count as good. The women's serves are not so fast that they can't be judged accurately by the chair ump, so let serves are still in effect for them.
Yeah, I looked it up and found this. I just couldn't believe that they don't have a workaround.