• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

P

purplePPO

Of course there is, but the guys that weigh 285+ and have the athleticism and strength required to play in the trenches aren’t as common as fast athletic guys that weigh 180. Therefore, the blue bloods generally do better in this regard and the rest are fighting for diamonds in the rough or undersized guys that they hope will develop.

I appreciate the response. I would like to see more interest and post pertaining to the big guys. I/we see a lot for the receivers and QBs. That was the purpose of my post. Thanks.

CountryFrog

I appreciate the response. I would like to see more interest and post pertaining to the big guys. I/we see a lot for the receivers and QBs. That was the purpose of my post. Thanks.
Oh, just keep looking. There are plenty of posts in these recruiting threads with complaints about needing more linemen.

Moose Stuff

They aren’t being ignored. People are posting pretty much everything they can find about EVERY recruit we offer in one of the recruiting threads. If you’re seeing less on the linemen it’s because we’re offering less of them.

P

purplePPO

They aren’t being ignored. People are posting pretty much everything they can find about EVERY recruit we offer in one of the recruiting threads. If you’re seeing less on the linemen it’s because we’re offering less of them.

I understand what your saying. If it's true what your saying about less offers for lineman then that's disappointing.

Moose Stuff

I understand what your saying. If it's true what your saying about less offers for lineman then that's disappointing.

Logically we’re gonna offer more WR than DT/DE in most years. We use more of them. As for OL, we have 5 in the current class but almost all committed quite a while ago so very little recent discussion on them.

TX_Krötenechse

We are offering fewer linemen than receivers, not fewer this year compared to other years, in case that wasn’t clear.

I know you said you don’t follow recruiting, but believe me, the coaches have very obviously emphasized size, strength, and talent in the trenches in the past few classes. But the reality is that there’s way more competition for these kids than for skill players because there’s simply not as many of them around.