• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl Tickets Allotted

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I didn’t know, cool
When I say spoke, what I really mean is it was one of GP's rambling megatangents. It was awesome.

Very cool of him to show up btw. He hurried back from Alamo Bowl duties in SA and came striaght to the luncheon. CDC had to vamp for 15 minutes or so while we waited. It seemed like GP initially was going to just say hello and thanks based on the way he started out but then he settled in and away he went.

HeidelFrog

When I say spoke, what I really mean is it was one of GP's rambling megatangents. It was awesome.

Very cool of him to show up btw. He hurried back from Alamo Bowl duties in SA and came striaght to the luncheon. CDC had to vamp for 15 minutes or so while we waited. It seemed like GP initially was going to just say hello and thanks based on the way he started out but then he settled in and away he went.
Sorry I missed that, work is a substantial inconvenience sometimes..

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I expected Vivid to run a $69.69 special.

creepy-sherlock.gif

Metropolis777

Looked at the Big 12's other bowls and Alamo is by far the worst allotment. Every other bowl is mostly sideline while Alamo is mostly end zone

Baja Frog

It's a crapshoot for sure. I'm around 500 on the PP list and have been around there since before the Fiesta / Rose Bowl.

• Had corner endzone club at Fiesta - not so great, but not terrible
  • Rose Bowl seats were great, about 20th row on about the 25 yard line
  • BWW at Sun Devil Stadium was on about the 20 yard line halfway up lower deck.
  • Peach were ok too, around 20 yard line in club
  • Last Alamo Bowl was in the corner endzone. This year in 130, which is the last section square with the field, looking straight ahead at the endzone.

It completely depends what that specific bowl allocates to the school. Apparently Alamo allocates crap. Things to know as we'll certainly be there again sometime.
I hope you're not in row 30-35 or or you're going to be praying for those corner end zone seats back

Deep Purple

I have about had it with TCU and crappy seats. Dear TCU, you can kiss my ass on buying thru you any longer for bowl games, signed PP #280
TCU doesn't control (or even have a say in) where the TCU allotment seats are located at a bowl game. The bowl itself controls that. You may as well blame the weatherman for crappy weather.

Having said that, the bowls -- especially the minor bowls (and most especially the Alamo Bowl) -- often screw the two participating schools with the worst seats in the house, reserving all the best seats for their own direct sales. I want to support TCU, but I'm tired of shelling out hundreds or thousands of dollars for crappy seats purchased through the TCU bowl allotment. For good seats, you either have to buy direct from the bowl or go through a second party like StubHub.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU doesn't control (or even have a say in) where the TCU allotment seats are located at a bowl game. The bowl itself controls that. You may as well blame the weatherman for crappy weather.

Having said that, the bowls -- especially the minor bowls (and most especially the Alamo Bowl) -- often screw the two participating schools with the worst seats in the house, reserving all the best seats for their own direct sales. I want to support TCU, but I'm tired of shelling out hundreds or thousands of dollars for crappy seats purchased through the TCU bowl allotment. For good seats, you either have to buy direct from the bowl or go through a second party like StubHub.

And fans (of all Bowl teams) are sick and tired of it, the free market (stub hub vivid etc) offers better tickets at prices that the market sets

TCUdirtbag

Well if it means anything your fellow fans appreciate your donor level. Looks like the bowl just caters to local groups and gives the schools the scraps.

This is definitely the case. Alamo has a lot of local sales and participating schools get crap allotments. The tarnish on an otherwise particularly well-run bowl.

Spike

So when they are measuring who travels well do they look at the school selling it's allotment or do they just evaluate how much purple is in the stands?

Way back in 2001 waited til almost last minute to order for the Mattress Mac Bowl. Ironically got like 7th row 47 yard line. Possibly best ever Bowl seats except for SteelFrog putting us front row in the UGA section in Memphis last year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Look, what Deep said about the allotment is the hard truth. The Bowls could not give a rotten crap about the schools invited each year. The allotment scam is but one of the things that happens when a school accepts a Bowl bid. The allotted tickets must be "bought" by the participating school, and schools must recoup this expense by selling them to their alumni or fans. And, yes, these are the crappiest tickets in the house.

Them's the breaks. You accept a Bowl bid? You're gonna get shafted on a Bowl allotment. Happens every year.