• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SnoSki

Also, screw the aardvark. Good riddance. I played there about four years ago and the agreement I had with the manager that night was that I would make 40% of whatever the door take was. Covers for the night were $10 for 21+.

It was the first Friday night of the spring semester, and that place was packed. Easily over 100 students there, I play great, got a great response in the crowd, lots of people drinking and having a great time.

At the end of the night, the manager comes up to me and gives me $28 as my take for the night. I asked him what gives, the place was packed, he says, “This is the music business kid, take it or leave it.”

I took it, never went back and tell the story whenever the opportunity presents itself. So yeah, good riddance aardvark. Kick rocks.

Yeah, there are a lot of pretentious bars nowadays in Fort Worth, but at least they always paid me fairly.

Last edited:
Also, screw the aardvark. Good riddance. I played there about four years ago and the agreement I had with the manager that night was that I would make 40% of whatever the door take was. Covers for the night were $10 for 21+.

It was the first Friday night of the spring semester, and that place was packed. Easily over 100 students there, I play great, got a great response in the crowd, lots of people drinking and having a great time.

At the end of the night, the manager comes up to me and gives me $28 as my take for the night. I asked him what gives, the place was packed, he says, “This is the music business kid, take it or leave it.”

I took it, never went back and tell the story whenever the opportunity presents itself. So yeah, good riddance aardvark. Kick rocks.

Yeah, there are a lot of pretentious bars nowadays in Fort Worth, but at least they always paid me fairly.

Very common. Same thing happened to my friends twice and they swore off the Aardvark. But they came back...with one caveat. The Aardvark called them and said some fraternity requested to have them as the opener...so they called the fraternity and negotiated a contract with them and then agreed with the Aardvark to do the show. After the show they got two checks. I'll give you one guess as to which one they left on the stage. They played there a few more times and the management required the fraternity to rent out the place to pay the talent directly. Last time i saw them there theu got $1500 to open for Rob Baird back when he still lived around here. Bars don't pay boat and fraternities are suckers.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Further proving the People Suck Theorem.

TCURiggs

Been to Aardvark plenty of times over the years and never thought much about it either way. Having said that, me and a couple of buddies now occasionally meet up on Friday's for some happy hour drinks and a round of Golden Tee, and we worked Aardvark in on occasion. The last time we went in there (around 4 p.m. on a Friday) a couple of little kids were just running around and screwing with the Golden Tee machine while their Dad stood around the bar and watched. No biggie, as we figured they'd move on to something else. They didn't, so after a while I politely walked over to their Dad and told the Dad that we'd like to play if his kids weren't going to use the machine, and he just looked at me like a richard and didn't do ship about his kids (there were literally about 10 people in there, include my two friends and I, he and his two kids, and a few others). Turns out, he was the owner.

Between our experience with that dude and hearing stories like yours, it's not too surprising that they're closing the doors.