• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Purp

I’d rather be a 1 than a 4 too
Indeed, but if we're a 1 seed come March I'd consider it one of the most surprising things I've ever seen in sports.

From what I've seen of our squad this year, though, I don't think top 3 in the B12 is out of the questions and a position that high in this conference is usually going to put you somewhere around a 3 or 4 seed depending on how strong other teams and other conferences are.

MTfrog5

Indeed, but if we're a 1 seed come March I'd consider it one of the most surprising things I've ever seen in sports.

From what I've seen of our squad this year, though, I don't think top 3 in the B12 is out of the questions and a position that high in this conference is usually going to put you somewhere around a 3 or 4 seed depending on how strong other teams and other conferences are.
Agreed. Can’t remeber who it was and I doubt this happens, but One National writer said based on how the big 12 has done this non conference he could see all 10 teams getting in the big dance. Going to be a must to protect home court during conference play

FrogsMcGee

With the craziness of the wildfires in LA, I wonder how it will affect the Frogs vs Nevada at Staples there tomorrow night. Conditions are supposedly going to get worse throughout the day. My brother, Eurofrog, is supposed to be heading up from San Diego for the game. Are there any Frogs in the LA area who know what the proximity of the fire to Staples is??? Hope anyone out there is not in harm's way.

https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/#/?/34.1185/-118.5169/10

The fires are pretty far from downtown LA. The wind is mostly blowing the smoke south and west so it shouldnt impact downtown. Probably the only risk is if flights start to get cancelled at LAX due to visibility, although I assume the team could fly to one of the other LA area airports instead. Traffic on the northwest part of the LA area is a mess, but what else is new. Shouldn't be an issue assuming we are staying at a hotel near Staples Center.

LisaLT

With the craziness of the wildfires in LA, I wonder how it will affect the Frogs vs Nevada at Staples there tomorrow night. Conditions are supposedly going to get worse throughout the day. My brother, Eurofrog, is supposed to be heading up from San Diego for the game. Are there any Frogs in the LA area who know what the proximity of the fire to Staples is??? Hope anyone out there is not in harm's way.
The Skirball fire is/was 10 miles from my house. Its been very smoky the last couple of days. Any one with allergies is really suffering. I believe that fire is contained but the fires to the east and in Ventura are not contained. In the downtown LA area the air quality is not great, but it has improved. These dry conditions are very bad out here. Very sad for many people. One of my favorite spots to visit is Ojai and they are now evacuating the Ojai area I read. :(

Purp

Agreed. Can’t remeber who it was and I doubt this happens, but One National writer said based on how the big 12 has done this non conference he could see all 10 teams getting in the big dance. Going to be a must to protect home court during conference play
I think it was all 10 teams could be post-season teams, which would include the NIT I suspect. I doubt any writer who knows anything about anything would project all 10 teams from any conference to make the big dance. There are just too many auto-bids for that to sound realistic.

Tom Brown

I havent seen every team play a full game but by my little eye, rough seedings:

2ku
4wvu
5texastcubay
8tech

Bubble
ou
ksu
Isu
oSu

Purp

I havent seen every team play a full game but by my little eye, rough seedings:

2ku
4wvu
5texastcubay
8tech

Bubble
ou
ksu
Isu
oSu
I doubt the conference will have 3 x 5 seeds. I think the conference is strong enough to have 3 teams with a 4 seed or better. Our non-con is admittedly not very great, but if we finish the conference slate in 3rd place or better I just don't see us being lower than a 4 seed. That would be a lot of quality wins to get us there.

Tom Brown

I doubt the conference will have 3 x 5 seeds. I think the conference is strong enough to have 3 teams with a 4 seed or better. Our non-con is admittedly not very great, but if we finish the conference slate in 3rd place or better I just don't see us being lower than a 4 seed. That would be a lot of quality wins to get us there.

No conference would get 3, 5 seeds. It was a rough sketch, Deep, i mean purp.

Edit: im sorry i resorted to namecalling.

Last edited:
There shouldn't be any problem with fires at the Staples Center.

As pointed out earlier, the team can fly into Orange County, Burbank or Ontario and get to the game.