• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will be an NFL bust

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will be an NFL bust

BY BIG STEAMING PILE
tengel@star-telegram.com

ARLINGTON – Baker Mayfield is the best player in college football, and a worthy recipient of the Heisman Trophy, who will go on to become JAG in the NFL.

Mayfield is your typical NFL “Just Another Guy” in the making.

If Mayfield is smart, and there’s evidence to suggest that’s not a given, he will just follow the Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel model and be a good soldier and figure out the NFL.

In Oklahoma’s 41-17 win against TCU in the Big 12 title game on Saturday at JerryWorld, Mayfield did nothing to damage his overwhelming odds to win the Heisman Trophy, nor help his chances of being a good NFL quarterback.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article187739178.html

Frogs1983

A playmaker for sure, just not sure a guy his size can last long in the NFL. He won't be going against any Kansas Jayhawk type of opposition there. Even the very worst NFL teams have the best of the best from the College ranks.

netty2424

What a [ the old ricardo ] sucker Engel is. I despise BM as much as the next guy, but to publish this article is as much of a personal attack on a person as I have ever seen. Goes as far as calling him a "punk."

Not saying he wrong, just saying what a dick for putting it into publication as a "professional" journalist.

Pharm Frog

What a [ the old ricardo ] sucker Engel is. I despise BM as much as the next guy, but to publish this article is as much of a personal attack on a person as I have ever seen. Goes as far as calling him a "punk."

Not saying he wrong, just saying what a [ ricardo ] for putting it into publication as a "professional" journalist.

He must need some Oklahoma clicks as I'm sure he's about run out of clicks from "the Dallas area".

Not saying he wrong, just saying what a [ ricardo ] for putting it into publication as a "professional" journalist.
+1. This was ridiculous. I can't believe it got past the editor's desk over there (assuming there is one).

Punter1

Isn't Muck a KU grad/drop out? I'm sure he's been itchin' to write this story since the nut grab a couple weeks ago.

But I agree Netty....I think we all hate Baker but this is a petty, ill timed, immature article that The Daily Skiff I doubt would publish. So unprofessional....

watchfrog

He's not wrong about the Heisman as a predictor of NFL success. See exhibit below. Two backup QBs over two Hall of Famers.

Player School 1st 2nd 3rd Total
1. Chris Weinke Florida State 369 216 89 1628
2. Josh Heupel Oklahoma 286 290 114 1552
3. Drew Brees Purdue 69 107 198 619
4. LaDainian Tomlinson TCU 47 110 205 566

netty2424

He's not wrong about the Heisman as a predictor of NFL success. See exhibit below. Two backup QBs over two Hall of Famers.

Player School 1st 2nd 3rd Total
1. Chris Weinke Florida State 369 216 89 1628
2. Josh Heupel Oklahoma 286 290 114 1552
3. Drew Brees Purdue 69 107 198 619
4. LaDainian Tomlinson TCU 47 110 205 566
No one accused him of being wrong, in fact most would probably agree his NFL prospects will be an uphill climb. Just a ship article attacking a player both personally and professionally. Pointless.

Punter1

Good lord Mac, you’re a bigger [ profanity ] than Mayfield is.

Good point...and think about that comment for a second. How big a dbag must you be to be to have Frog fans taking Baker's side....today??

I always thought if Baker Mayfield was a college basketball player instead he would be a Duke point puard...and if he was a sports columnist he would work at the FWST....

Ray Finkle

Someone go to the OU message boards and be the diplomat to let them know this clown does not represent our fanbase, please. I'm sure they are labeling him and his journalism (or lack there of) as "TCU."

Very classless, Muck. Let the kid enjoy his moment of glory. He deserves it.