• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech Press Conference

LisaLT

Careful 8-4 is still possible. On a lighter note, the Tech folks, I have talked to, don't want Kliff to win anymore games (us and Texas) so they can get rid of him
lol - that is true. Some were actually hoping for a loss to Baylor if that is what it takes to get rid of Kliff.

Tom Brown

I couldn't disagree more. But that's cool.
Edit: let me add to this - I assume you watched the OU game last weekend and agree that OU went conservative on offense wen they knew game was in hand and their defense had control? Are you able to relate that to the game against UT? Frogs didn't need another point. UT wasn't going anywhere. And if you don't think so you should go back and watch the game. 9 yards rushing. 8 sacks.

We actually led OU for a bit before they dominated us. We never even let UT up off the mat. And we scored more on the second best D in the Big 12 than we did OU.

Chongo94

Not everything exists on the same plane, man. There are places, man, that we can't know, we can only hope to be like stars within the universe existing, sitting quietly, all watching, all knowing where those planes exist and where they don't. Man.

tumblr_n7eqljenom1qem02jo1_250.gif

CountryFrog

Just rewatched the last couple of minutes, he looked fine, no visible limp or signs of pain.

At least its not showing on TV.
I don't have the game recorded so I can't watch it again. He wasn't limping, but I remember the face and body movement of someone in pain while I watched it live.

That doesn't mean I'm right, of course, it's just what I saw and even said at the time that I hope he didn't just get hurt.

Borisblue

And if KH is in street clothes this Saturday, I'll buy into the fact that he's hurt and not able to play, but if he's suited up and SR either starts or gets significant playing time I think it's pretty clear that GP's opinion on how this offense is operating (and by extension KH's play) probably mirrors mine a lot more than it does yours.

I don't think it is that clear cut. Injured players can dress for football games. For instance, if he is hurt but can play as a last resort GP may ask him to dress.

ShreveFrog

The confidence to call that pass play to Hicks? It was a wheel route out to the sideline and there were no other defenders in the area.....it was a great call, but it's not that difficult a pass for a QB at all if the defenders bite, it's pretty no risk.

I think if you rewatch that you'll see Hill motion Hicks from the right side of backfield to the left because he saw it would put him one on one with a linebacker that he knew Hicks would win. May have looked like no defender to some. But there was. He was toast. Good call by Kenny.

I didn't see anything Kenny did to lose the job Saturday. As other posters have said, must be concussion protocol or illness.

Last edited:

Horny4TCU

You should email the coach and ask him.
If you were a student in the last two decades and actually looked through the address book on the TCU outlook, you could actually find GMFP email address. I emailed when I was youngster, thanking him for staying at TCU and for the great season we had when I was a freshmen in '05 and that we got the shaft from the bowl selection committees.

Horny4TCU

If you were a student in the last two decades and actually looked through the address book on the TCU outlook, you could actually find GMFP email address. I emailed when I was youngster, thanking him for staying at TCU and for the great season we had when I was a freshmen in '05 and that we got the shaft from the bowl selection committees.

And yes, he did respond back with a thanks and go frogs type email. If I was a smart I would have saved the email somewhere other than my TCU inbox, that apparently you can't keep after you graduate...

ifrog

It was a rhetorical reply/question. I have no doubt that he has had plenty of arm chair QBs email him about what he should or shouldn’t do about Hill or Boykin or Dalton when the fans thought that they were horrible. I’m sure that he was gracious with his replies. He’s a class act. I’m also sure that he shook his head after he sent said email because he is human and he gets sick of fair weather fans who don’t appreciate what these 18 year old student athletes go through.

Has anyone thought that maybe the reason we don’t go deep more is that our receivers aren’t good at that. We’ve had more drops on deep balls than any other routes we throw. Other teams wideouts can the ball down the field routinely and yet ours don’t. Maybe some of the blame should go to Kenny for not being precise but I’ve seen many passes thrown well dropped. Maybe SR will fix it this week.