• The KillerFrogs

Our ranking goes up to 12

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Probably because they’ve lost two games on the road by a total of 4 points. I’m fine with our ranking, it’s probably about where we should be. The two things that jump out at me are Michigan State only dropping to #17 and Iowa State dropping from #14 to completely out of the rankings after losing a competitive game to Okie State. That’s a head scratcher but I’m not going to get all worked up about it.
ISU was #21 last week.

ifrog

Probably because they’ve lost two games on the road by a total of 4 points. I’m fine with our ranking, it’s probably about where we should be. The two things that jump out at me are Michigan State only dropping to #17 and Iowa State dropping from #14 to completely out of the rankings after losing a competitive game to Okie State. That’s a head scratcher but I’m not going to get all worked up about it.

Yeah because you never get worked up about rankings.

ifrog

For this week’s rankings...which don’t matter. What do you think will happen when they lose? They drop out of the top 25 and are no longer a win over a ranked opponent.

If they are consistent they should give teams credit for the teams they beat that are ranked at the end of the year. That’s why we need to pull for WVU. OSU and OU are locks to remain ranked. Long shot of course but you never know

dkfrog

If they are consistent they should give teams credit for the teams they beat that are ranked at the end of the year. That’s why we need to pull for WVU. OSU and OU are locks to remain ranked. Long shot of course but you never know
They are consistent, and always have been at a high level. Everyone just needs to accept the criteria. You’re right. What matters most is the following:

Quality wins (measured by victories over ranked opponents in the most recent rankings)

MAcFroggy

They are consistent, and always have been at a high level. Everyone just needs to accept the criteria. You’re right. What matters most is the following:

Quality wins (measured by victories over ranked opponents in the most recent rankings)

Agree. One of my issues is clemson over Miami but then Miami over Oklahoma. Oklahoma has three wins over top 13 teams with the best at 8. Clemson has two wins over ranked team with the best at 6. Either Miami should be above both or neither.

TooColdU

Agree. One of my issues is clemson over Miami but then Miami over Oklahoma. Oklahoma has three wins over top 13 teams with the best at 8. Clemson has two wins over ranked team with the best at 6. Either Miami should be above both or neither.

The justification for Clemson being ranked #2 from the committee was that they have 6 wins over opponents with winning records.

They are just picking and choosing what sounds good for now. Controversy sells.

CountryFrog

Penn St and USC being ahead of us is a little baffling if we want to say that quality wins ate what matter most. Our road win over OK ST is pretty clearly better than any of their wins.

Northwestern being ranked is a mystery. There should be a rule that if you get blown out by Duke then you can't be a top 25 team. Ever. That ranking definitely feeds into the idea of a Big Ten bias.

It's also surprising that LSU doesn't seem to be getting punished at all for losing at home to Troy.

ifrog

So much for Wexahu and the CFP committee’s “consistent metric” that quality wins matter. Now it’s quality losses. You can’t defend that [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Not shocking how they change things again. There are 5 B1G teams in the rankings. Such el toro [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]

CountryFrog

Speaking of Big Ten bias. If you're interested just take a couple minutes to check out those B10 ranked teams non conference schedules. Best win is probably Florida and it includes blowout losses at the hands of OU, Notre Dame, and Duke.

And again, those are just for the RANKED teams in the Big 10.

dkfrog

Remember how much this week’s rankings matter in the grand scheme of things...this is not a week to week movement dynamic. It is a re-rank weekly with none mattering until the final one.

CountryFrog

Remember how much this week’s rankings matter in the grand scheme of things...this is not a week to week movement dynamic. It is a re-rank weekly with none mattering until the final one.
I don't think there is a single fan base in America more aware of this than TCU fans.

MAcFroggy

I hate that the committee always tries to wiggle around with justification. Tcu has a much better win than penn state. We beat the #13 team in the road while they beat a barely ranked Michigan team at home. They lost to the #9 team and Michigan State (#17?). We lost to #4 and to a team that was #21 last week. If they think Penn State is better then fine. Just say “the committee believes Penn State is a better team than Tcu”. Don’t pull some bull crap about quality losses.

I just hate that the committee will apply logic in one spot of the rankings and then use completely opposite logic elsewhere.

Wexahu

Yeah because you never get worked up about rankings.

So much for Wexahu and the CFP committee’s “consistent metric” that quality wins matter. Now it’s quality losses. You can’t defend that [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Not shocking how they change things again. There are 5 B1G teams in the rankings. Such el toro [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]

Everything matters, as it always has. We’re #12, I don’t see how it can be argued that that is very far off from where we should be.