• The KillerFrogs

I Sure Do Miss

W

Way of the Frog

Dwight Smith and Vinny Ascolese.

Dwight was the most dominant practice back in TCU football history and no Frog linebacker has filled a Frog uniform like Vinny.

W

Way of the Frog

The best TCU passer I’ve seen was Casey Pachall. That dude made NFL throws for 2 seasons. Sad that he couldn’t keep his boat straight.

Casey's numbers through 4 games in 2012 were insane. Unfortunately, he never got back close to that level of play in 2013.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
I even miss steelfrog

I miss steelfrog too....Any way we can lure him back?

Take it back. Now.

giphy.gif

ShreveFrog

Didn't Dalton get beat up by OU worse than either of our current QB's losses?

Why, yes, the best TCU qb since a couple of guys named Baugh and O'Brien, who turned in two of the greatest seasons ever for the Frogs. But let's pile on him since the team that went to the BCS championship beat us 35-10 in his sophomore year.

Zubaz

Why, yes, the best TCU qb since a couple of guys named Baugh and O'Brien, who turned in two of the greatest seasons ever for the Frogs. But let's pile on him since the team that went to the BCS championship beat us 35-10 in his sophomore year.
Not piling on him, just saying there's some serious rose (heh) colored nostalgia glasses going on with how this board felt about him...especially in 2008 and even to some extent 2009. It wasn't until he culminated his senior season with perfection in the bowl game that this board came around to universal adulation.

Perhaps our current QB will get that kind of nostalgia hindsight if he can finish this season strong.

ShreveFrog

^^^ Would love that last part to come true.

I was sold on Dalton when he was a freshman and won at Stanford the week after they beat #2 USC.

Last edited:

Deep Purple

Andy Dalton.

Went to youtube, looked at some past games...great manager, quick reads and decisions.

(sigh)
The performance you describe was only during Andy's last two years at TCU. During his first two years, he was a combination of occasional flashes of brilliance in the midst of extended spells of mediocrity or downright incompetence. At one point, Gary Patterson grew so disgusted he benched Dalton.

But people tend to forget the failures and remember only the successes. Such is human nature.