• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Here’s one game TCU won’t forget in the SMU rivalry

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Here’s one game TCU won’t forget in the SMU rivalry

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

For more than a decade, SMU has played a big role in the TCU football program.

In 2005, the Mustangs’ upset victory cost TCU an unbeaten season. It came one week after the Horned Frogs had opened the year with a landmark win, their 17-10 stunner at top-five Oklahoma.

TCU coach Gary Patterson has never forgotten that lesson.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article172939121.html

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Our Genius Offensive Coordinator set to work creating a game plan for SMU that week that made all kinds of sense. The week before, Tech played at SMU and ran for 400+ yards. They didn't have much of a defensive line, so Tech just kept running it at them. SMU collapsed. With this game film in hand, our brilliant OC decided on a steady diet of passing, into a secondary that wasn't bad at all. This inept decision, coupled with a kicker who managed to miss 5 FG attempts*, led to an absolutely embarrassing and shameful loss.

*Redeemed himself in the Bowl Game in Houston, booting a 50 yarder to win the game.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Our Genius Offensive Coordinator set to work creating a game plan for SMU that week that made all kinds of sense. The week before, Tech played at SMU and ran for 400+ yards. They didn't have much of a defensive line, so Tech just kept running it at them. SMU collapsed. With this game film in hand, our brilliant OC decided on a steady diet of passing, into a secondary that wasn't bad at all. This inept decision, coupled with a kicker who managed to miss 5 FG attempts*, led to an absolutely embarrassing and shameful loss.

*Redeemed himself in the Bowl Game in Houston, booting a 50 yarder to win the game.
Was that kicker's name Cole Hedlund by any chance?

finafrog

That loss was self inflicted. GP has gone on record that this loss was a huge teaching moment and we would not have won Mountain West and best Utah and BYU without it. who knows.

I'm way more upset about the 2011 loss, which along with the dramatic baylor loss and strategic shameless voting in the coaches poll deprived us from a trip to the sugar bowl and a third consequtive bcs bowl appearance, and negated a brilliant win at boise.

Froginbedford

That loss was self inflicted. GP has gone on record that this loss was a huge teaching moment and we would not have won Mountain West and best Utah and BYU without it. who knows.

I'm way more upset about the 2011 loss, which along with the dramatic baylor loss and strategic shameless voting in the coaches poll deprived us from a trip to the sugar bowl and a third consequtive bcs bowl appearance, and negated a brilliant win at boise.

And I remember GP saying that we didn't get the credit we deserved for winning at Boisie on the blue....