• The KillerFrogs

Pat Sullivan to be at the game this week

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Former TCU head football coach will be at the game this week.

Apparently his health has deteriorated to the point where he doesn't have much time left, which is terribly sad.

Not sure if he has the strength to come onto the field and be recognized. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers

Brog

Sure wish the best for him. Don't we owe the Frog Walk and some of the Frog Alley and tailgating popularity to him?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Sure wish the best for him. Don't we owe the Frog Walk and some of the Frog Alley and tailgating popularity to him?
I think you are right

He did try and increase exposure to the team. Remember when he moved practices to the soccer field just so that people could see them and hopefully get interested in the program?

MTfrog5

I think you are right

He did try and increase exposure to the team. Remember when he moved practices to the soccer field just so that people could see them and hopefully get interested in the program?
Wow forgot about that. I used to love getting picked up from school and driving by watching them practice.

I know he was responsible for switching the field from AstroTurf to grass. I remember going to Farrington Field for his first Purple/White game while that was going on.

Last edited:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wow forgot about that. I used to love getting picked up from school and driving by watching them practice.
I was there watching practice from behind the fence one day. He spots us, walks over and invites us to come inside. When we came on the sideline, he stood with us explaining what was going on, talked about the drills, etc.

Frankly I could never see GP doing that and really appreciated Coach Sullivan taking the time to speak to us

COWTOWN FAN

I was there watching practice from behind the fence one day. He spots us, walks over and invites us to come inside. When we came on the sideline, he stood with us explaining what was going on, talked about the drills, etc.

Frankly I could never see GP doing that and really appreciated Coach Sullivan taking the time to speak to us
I would go to his practices to watch Royal West , who is an old family friend, get ready for the next game. We were allowed to stand on the sideline and talk to players after practice..

Dogfrog

Sullivan and his staff made a serious effort to bring toughness to our program. He had his moments with the win over Texas and the seven win season and Independence / weedeater bowl. Maybe the most miserable cold and wet game ever, worse than Baylor. God Bless him.

Austintxfrog94

I think you are right

Lord knows I remember them moving practice out there. The walk from the locker room wasn't very fun but I probably needed it for my own good, sorry to hear coach Sullivan isn't doing well. Got to see him in Fort Worth and say hello when he was coaching at UAB. I may try to come up this weekend with my son and say hello again.

Last edited: