• The KillerFrogs

SMU point spread

Virginia Frog

We beat em 56-37 last time at AGCS, and 56-0 the year before that.
My call is TCU 41-SMU 24 (we don't beat the spread)

They have an offense, ours is still on training wheels. (IMO)

Would it be better NOT to be good so the Cowpokes are complacent for the next Sat's game? Stupid question.

FROG PARENTS 1961

My call is TCU 41-SMU 24 (we don't beat the spread)

They have an offense, ours is still on training wheels. (IMO)

Would it be better NOT to be good so the Cowpokes are complacent for the next Sat's game? Stupid question.

Doubt it. Would TCU be complacent if Oklahoma State squeaked by Pitt this Saturday? Just about every game will be bigger than the next but OSU is already being game-planned for. And the mullet man, well he is as good of a coach as any in the country as is GMFP.

netty2424

"Pony up"
JrnpZSc.gif

tcuseagull

This is SMU's best team in a while, and could maybe beat 2016 TCU. But 2017 TCU has also improved, and possesses much better athletes aside from Sutton. I expect both sides of our trenches to wear down SMU. We may give up a couple big plays/deep balls, but I see us being firmly in control by the 4th quarter. What we really need is to see Hill and the receivers connect this game. Offense needs momentum going into OK state, where we will need a lot of points.

I see SMU having a good season, but give me 48-20 Frogs...though I could also see less for SMU if our defense is as legit as we hope.

Wexahu

This is SMU's best team in a while, and could maybe beat 2016 TCU. But 2017 TCU has also improved, and possesses much better athletes aside from Sutton. I expect both sides of our trenches to wear down SMU. We may give up a couple big plays/deep balls, but I see us being firmly in control by the 4th quarter. What we really need is to see Hill and the receivers connect this game. Offense needs momentum going into OK state, where we will need a lot of points.

I see SMU having a good season, but give me 48-20 Frogs...though I could also see less for SMU if our defense is as legit as we hope.

I sure hope we don't take them lightly because they might be dangerous, but SMU has played North Texas and a team that got beat by Southern Utah by about 50 points. University of North Texas gained about 500 yards against them. I think the jury is still out on whether this is their best team in awhile. On paper they are pretty weak on both O and D lines.

FBallFan123

SMU should be an interesting test for this team coming off the Arkansas game.

Very different offense to get ready for.

SMU returns something like 9 starters on offense including 4 on the line, their young QB from last season and their top two WR's Sutton and Proche.

Wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the season, SMU ends up looking like a better opponent than Arkansas, in retrospect.

With that said, I think TCU should be able to win at the line of scrimmage, and I'd really like to see more carries for Olonilua in this game.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

2016 TCU team won by 30. So this SMU team is 30+ points better than last year's team?

LisaLT

No, they don't normally give us fits. They only rarely do.

We beat them in 2016 by 30 in Dallas. In 2015, we beat them by nearly 20 in Fort Worth. In 2014 we beat them by 56 in Fort Worth. (Yes, 56. And not only 56, but a shutout, 56-0.) In 2013, we beat them by 31 in Dallas.

The last time the Phonies even managed to throw a mild scare into us was in 2012, when we struggled to a 24-16 victory. The Frogs went into that game fat and complacent, expecting an easy win, which they didn't get. We had to gut-up and fight for it. But once we got serious, superior talent, depth, and coaching quickly won the day and SMU simply wilted.

Perhaps we will make that mistake again his year, perhaps not. But it happens so infrequently in the TCU-SMU series, to speak of it as if it were the norm or some fairly regular occurrence is simply wrong. Since 2001, our record against SMU is 12-2. (We didn't play them in 2003 or 2006.) Our average margin of victory during that period has been 27 points. This year we get them in Fort Worth. It will not be pretty, and the SMU hand-wringers are going to wind up looking really foolish.

Wasn't that 2012 game played in pouring rain also? That was Casey P's final game that year before the DUI, correct?

LisaLT

This is a MUST WIN GAME. I'm thinking we should win by 3 TD's. I also predict we will see Song kick a FG in this game.

Let's hope Hill plays a clean game. Run the ball as much as possible. We have some excellent RB's that need some action - 100+ yards for each!!!! Defense causes a couple turnovers as well.

netty2424

This is a MUST WIN GAME. I'm thinking we should win by 3 TD's. I also predict we will see Song kick a FG in this game.

Let's hope Hill plays a clean game. Run the ball as much as possible. We have some excellent RB's that need some action - 100+ yards for each!!!! Defense causes a couple turnovers as well.
As much as I don't want to see any FG being kicked, I guess we need to figure out what we got on a consistent basis whether that's good or bad. Rather figure it out this weekend than next.