• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Mean Purple

Interesting exchange on their Briles thread.

"My honest opinion? I suspect things about the program were uncovered that had nothing to do with the Rape scandal. I suspect the PH investigation turned up stuff that we didn't want the NCAA to find. Things I would not be shocked to have been uncovered? Evidence of PE drugs, improper academic "assistance," improper benefits to recruits, etc. If that stuff existed, in addition to the media blowing the rape scandal out of proportion, I could see the NCAA dropping the hammer on Baylor. That would cost us our place in the B12. Perhaps that was some of the "for cause" reasoning that folks wanted to keep under wraps."

"You may be right about that." (from guy who claimed to be in the know about Briles' buyout earlier in the thread)

Then your typical CAB lover:
"BS BS BS.
Did not happen so it wasn't uncovered. This is the crap that needs to be stopped.
Do you really think that they uncovered this kind of stuff but kept the entire staff employed? Really."
Well, Bryant Gumble's cable show talked about the scandal at UNC and BU where those kids were in degrees with bogus degree plans and there was academic fraud.

Art keeping those thugs in the program and shielding them from discipline was an illegal benefit for the purpose of competitive advantage. Stidham's truck and others.

Oh, and mass rape coverups.

Darn Baylol

tcudoc

Their return to the cellar of the Big 12 will ensure that there is a 15-20 year bowl ban. TCU's struggle to return from the scandal of the 80's took a couple of decades and was against all odds. Things will get much worse for Baylor before they can even start the climb back, and reorganization of the football landscape will likely occur during their down years, which puts them at high risk of being left behind like TCU when the SWC broke up. In addition, the opportunities that teams like Utah and TCU capitalized on to finish the climb back to relevance no longer exist, so if they get left behind, it could be permanent.

Tom Brown

Their return to the cellar of the Big 12 will ensure that there is a 15-20 year bowl ban. TCU's struggle to return from the scandal of the 80's took a couple of decades and was against all odds. Things will get much worse for Baylor before they can even start the climb back, and reorganization of the football landscape will likely occur during their down years, which puts them at high risk of being left behind like TCU when the SWC broke up. In addition, the opportunities that teams like Utah and TCU capitalized on to finish the climb back to relevance no longer exist, so if they get left behind, it could be permanent.

They werent making no bowl for at least 2 years.

Jet Set Frog

Also, in case y'all have thirty minutes and want to watch the Baylor football program plummet to its proper depths, here is the Liberty non-win in a nice and tidy 33 minutes:

This is the first I've seen of any of this game. Some thoughts:

1. Liberty's QB is REALLY good, and their receivers did a really good job of making some tough catches.
  2. Baylor dropped A LOT of easy balls, but had good speed when they did catch it.
  3. Liberty made some silly mistakes/penalties that hurt them badly. It's conceivable they could have run away with this one early.
  4. Liberty's kicker is better than those on many FBS programs.....and A LOT better than the one at Arkansas.
  5. Liberty's defense is slow and still did well against Baylor. The bears will be hurting once Big 12 play starts.
  6. Baylor's defensive line was overpowered at times by the Liberty OL....They're going to be hurting against the Frogs.
  7. Matt Rule looks like one of the main characters from the movie "Time Bandits" walking across the field after the game.

Boonescabanaboy

Interesting exchange on their Briles thread.

"My honest opinion? I suspect things about the program were uncovered that had nothing to do with the Rape scandal. I suspect the PH investigation turned up stuff that we didn't want the NCAA to find. Things I would not be shocked to have been uncovered? Evidence of PE drugs, improper academic "assistance," improper benefits to recruits, etc. If that stuff existed, in addition to the media blowing the rape scandal out of proportion, I could see the NCAA dropping the hammer on Baylor. That would cost us our place in the B12. Perhaps that was some of the "for cause" reasoning that folks wanted to keep under wraps."

."

The irony of this whole ordeal, from an O-State perspective, is at the exact time a lifetime OU insider was slandering OSU in Sports Illustrated with a pack of lies those very things were actually going on at Baylor. If he had investigated Baylor, instead of pursuing a personal grudge against OSU, he could have had written a ground breaking, award winning article.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Baylor #6 in The Bottom 10 this week.

ESPN The Bottom 10

giphy.gif

GeoFrog

This is the first I've seen of any of this game. Some thoughts:

1. Liberty's QB is REALLY good, and their receivers did a really good job of making some tough catches.
  2. Baylor dropped A LOT of easy balls, but had good speed when they did catch it.
  3. Liberty made some silly mistakes/penalties that hurt them badly. It's conceivable they could have run away with this one early.
  4. Liberty's kicker is better than those on many FBS programs.....and A LOT better than the one at Arkansas.
  5. Liberty's defense is slow and still did well against Baylor. The bears will be hurting once Big 12 play starts.
  6. Baylor's defensive line was overpowered at times by the Liberty OL....They're going to be hurting against the Frogs.
  7. Matt Rule looks like one of the main characters from the movie "Time Bandits" walking across the field after the game.

Liked for Time Bandits reference.

Good post. Their AD made a huge mistake by bringing in a coach whose on-field philosophy is 180 degrees opposite of Briles. Briles system was the attraction and it set them apart. Even without the attrition from transfers and injuries, they don't have the right kind of personnel to run Rhule's system. Their recruiting is going to tank because nobody in Texas wants to play in that kind of system. They could have at least kept the train on track with Babers or Montgomery and weathered this storm. After their initial excitement about Rhule, I think reality has slapped their fans pretty hard.