• The KillerFrogs

SMU point spread

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I won't ever bet the Frogs. Way too superstitious about that.

But especially against SMU and Kansas. Something about those teams just brings out the worst in the Frogs. Not every time, but enough that it makes me nervous every time. Even in the PB year, we got a scare from KS, and the 2015 SMU game was way too close.

^^^^^ THIS! For all you clowns bashing me about my comment that the smart money would be on the points, you obviously have not watched TCU play SMU as long as I have. They usually play us pretty close. Don't get me wrong. I think the Frogs will win and probably dominate them, but laying that many points with our erratic passing game isn't such a great idea.

The only way SMU stays on the field with us is if we turn the ball over repeatedly or our defense totally implodes. How do we avoid that? Run the ball down their throat. Control the tempo and keep them off the field. I am sure our coaches will want to break out the high flying passing game, but that doesn't mean it will work.

frogs9497

Man, you guys are off your meds

This team played with intensity against JSU and didn't let mistakes stop them against Arky. SMU is a decent team this season, better than most of the teams they've had in the past, but our guys have proven they have the ability to not overlook a weaker opponent and keep going.

We are gonna roll unless the wheels fall off. SMU will score some points, probably on the deep ball, but I'll happily give up a couple of big plays if we are able to contain their normal offense, which we should be able to do without much trouble.

I wasn't particularly worried about SMU... until I read this thread. Does anyone have meds I can borrow?

Uncle_Frog

One thing that I noticed in the last two games was that when the other teams started to get a little weary in the 2nd half, our defense went on attack. They smelled blood and didn't hold back--something we haven't seen in a few years in Fort Worth. I didn't even realize how much I missed that type of defense till these last 10 days.

It is a major mismatch between TCUs D-Line and SMUs O-Line; which is known to be one of their team's weaknesses. If we can get pressure on their QB often, he will throw some picks as he is INT-prone when pressured. Their depth chart from LT to RT shows their starters at 275, 280, 308, 275, and 305 lbs; so size-wise it will be a mismatch when they have the ball. If the defense gets rolling early, SMU may do less than you think on offense.

LisaLT

SMU is much improved, but so are we. The biggest concern is Sutton and the deep ball from Hicks. Better have double coverage on that dude and try to avoid PI calls.

If we can't beat SMU decisively then that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Will they play us tougher than Arky? I think so. We just have to adjust our game plan accordingly. I hope our run game is dominant.

ShepFrog

I will be amazed if we do not beat them by 28 or more points.
giphy.gif

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Maybe KH could do better than 19/35 for 183 yards, 5.2 average, 0 td, 1 INT, 21.1 QBR against Clemson, maybe he couldn't.

But that's not the comparison. Do you think he will do worse than that in any game this year? He hasn't yet.

No answer. That's tOSU's QB's stat line vs. OU. Maybe KH could start in Columbus.