• The KillerFrogs

SMU point spread

ReedFrawg

We have no idea what the coaches actually think. What we do know is that that knew they could beat Arkansas running the ball so that's what they did. What you call lack of confidence could also be called being flexible and making adjustments.

Exactly. By the 3rd quarter it was clear that GP and co believed our defense could hold down arky.

LVH

They beat Stephen F. Austin(Who lost 51-14 to Southern Utah this weekend) and North Texas. Doesn't stop their fans from being confident here.

Bob Sugar

Obligatory:
ponyboys.jpg

frognutz

After watching our offense against Arky, the smart money would take the points. The days of the sling it around Frogs are over.

Yep. We almost won that game 14-7.

Concerned that Patterson is steering the ship back to his comfort zone that he had to ditch when joining the Big 12. The 21-17 "win by one" days may be coming back.....

Wexahu

Concerned that Patterson is steering the ship back to his comfort zone that he had to ditch when joining the Big 12. The 21-17 "win by one" days may be coming back.....

It was only 14-7 because our center snapped one against his left calf. I don't think GP called that play. Jeezus, we just beat a respectable P5 opponent on the road, would you have been more comfortable if the score was 35-31?

I think it's what others said, in this game GP was very confident Arkansas wasn't going to be able to sustain multiple drives. The way we lose this game is by forcing the issue on offense and making stupid mistakes. I don't think he 100% trusts Hill to avoid turnovers, and to be honest I don't think Hill has earned that trust yet.

CountryFrog

It should've been 28-7 halfway through the third except for 2 really bad mistakes by a couple individuals. If you think a defensive coach wouldn't rather play with a 3 TD lead than a 1 TD lead then you're crazy.

Uncle_Frog

After watching our offense against Arky, the smart money would take the points. The days of the sling it around Frogs are over.
We go to Fayetteville and beat Arky by 21 (leaving quite a few points on the field) and you think we can't beat SMU by 18 at home? I guess SMU's 22 pt win at home over University of North Texas where they gave up nearly 500 yards was more impressive than TCU's 21 point win at Arkansas?

I know SMU has looked better than years past, but SFA lost to Southern Utah 51-14 last week so I wouldn't anoint them to win the super bowl just yet.

Zubaz

Sutton is a beast that has put big numbers up on us in the past. They have a better QB than Arkansas and a much better deep threat. They might not have much else, but those two are enough to put up some points, and we better be ready to keep up.

The phony ponies biggest detriment is their offensive line. The Frog defense should be able to

negate their ability to establish any type of an effective running game.

Wexahu

Sutton is a beast that has put big numbers up on us in the past. They have a better QB than Arkansas and a much better deep threat. They might not have much else, but those two are enough to put up some points, and we better be ready to keep up.

I don't think Hicks is better than Allen. I think Hicks would be riding pine on about any SEC team.

Limp Lizard

As always, the biggest factor is how much the Frogs are into the game. If they play with the same intensity they had against JSU, we should be OK. One thing we know is SMU will be a bunch of berserkers initially. If we can withstand the initial emotion of the Ponies, and especially if we can get a good early lead, then they will probably cool their jets a little.
Injuries worry me more than a possible loss.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I won't ever bet the Frogs. Way too superstitious about that.

But especially against SMU and Kansas. Something about those teams just brings out the worst in the Frogs. Not every time, but enough that it makes me nervous every time. Even in the PB year, we got a scare from KS, and the 2015 SMU game was way too close.

Zubaz

I don't think Hicks is better than Allen. I think Hicks would be riding pine on about any SEC team.
I don't think he's a better overall QB in terms of game management or running.

I think he's way better at the deep ball, which is where he and Sutton can really do damage.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs

How about Arkansas? Would he be riding the pine there?

Pickup boy Stidham didn't exactly light it up last week.

Could he beat this stat line:
19/35 for 183 yards, 5.2 average, 0 td, 1 INT, 21.1 QBR? Maybe he could start for that team.