• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Diarse counted on as leader this year

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
6_7508707.jpg

247 Sports: Diarse counted on as leader this year

Jeremiah Glenn

When John Diarse transferred from LSU to TCU prior to the 2016 season, not a lot of people knew what to expect from the physical receiver. At 6'1" and 215 pounds, Diarse was known as a good blocker for LSU, but he didn't get a ton of chances to catch the ball for the Tigers. After putting up career highs in catches, yards and touchdowns (33-442-3) in his first year at TCU, the senior wide receiver now has a better idea of what's expected of him, and how others view him. He's ready to step up as a leader.

"The way I see it is, there's always going to be an equal balance between good and bad" said Diarse. "I think last year was our bad. I don't know if you guys can feel the kind of energy that's around here right now, but with the new team room getting all the compliments, and with everything else going on here, that's the good balancing out that bad I talked about."

Read more at http://tcu.247sports.com/Article/Se...rse-will-be-counted-on-as-a-leader--105998917

Limp Lizard

Diarse is one of my favorites. Truly a team player with the Frog Factor. I expect great things from him this year including critical catches for first down or TD, and great blocks to spring a big play or extend one downfield.

ftwfrog

After the Iowa State, and then SMU game last year I thought this dude was going to finish with a killer year, but like the rest of the offense, he kind of petered out. The coaching staff needs to find a way to get the ball into his hands more, every game. He was a beast when given a chance to make plays.

Long Time Lurker

Turp crossing the middle helped Sonny become the number 1 Offensive coordinator. I would assume Gary was just as upset as we were when we saw that.

Zubaz

After the Iowa State, and then SMU game last year I thought this dude was going to finish with a killer year, but like the rest of the offense, he kind of petered out. The coaching staff needs to find a way to get the ball into his hands more, every game. He was a beast when given a chance to make plays.
This. Those two games combined, he had 13 catches for 236 yards. He ended the season with 33 catches for 442. More than half of his production was in those two games. He didn't have more than 2 catches in any game for the rest of the year. No clue what happened. Ditto for Taj Williams, now that I think about it.

Wexahu

This. Those two games combined, he had 13 catches for 236 yards. He ended the season with 33 catches for 442. More than half of his production was in those two games. He didn't have more than 2 catches in any game for the rest of the year. No clue what happened. Ditto for Taj Williams, now that I think about it.

Part of that is no doubt due to rotating so many guys in and out. Game to game I had no idea who our four primary receivers were, it was the most bizarre substitution system I've ever seen. I'm hoping it was Meacham's idea.