• The KillerFrogs

Practice updates......

CountryFrog

It absolutely is. Even if you have an extensive background in coaching then it's really hard to come away from a few practices with an educated opinion of what happened without knowing the specific coaching objectives of each session of the practice(s).
By that logic, you pretty much just shut down all fan boards, forever.

EDIT: fwiw, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your points.

Not at all. Nothing wrong with some good old fashioned speculation. I'm just adding my opinion on the speculation.

Defense is always ahead of offense early in the year. Offense is based on rhythm and all 11 players on same page. I am ok with not getting updates if it helps the team out.

I love updates love being in the loop, but why give other teams useful intel. New NCAA practice limits makes corrections much harder to accomplish.

LVH

Defense is always ahead of offense early in the year. Offense is based on rhythm and all 11 players on same page. I am ok with not getting updates if it helps the team out.

I love updates love being in the loop, but why give other teams useful intel. New NCAA practice limits makes corrections much harder to accomplish.

Yep, spring games and scrimmages when Dalton was QB and Fuente the OC, the offense couldn't move the ball worth a damn. Was wondering how the offense would ever score. Turns out it was just that the defense was that good. Not a bad thing

4 Oaks Frog

Consider me excited about this season. I've been high on the defense being MUCH improved, and I'm starting to think the OL might actually be quite a bit better and spring our offense. Throw in the positive news on Song, and I'm fired up.

I, too, am getting very excited about this season. The great news on Song, and CGMFP's confidence in our new long snapper is going to cover that gaping wound in our kicking game. The O line has beefed up, and sounds to be gaining in confidence. What I am really excited about, though, is our awesome corp of running backs...Hicks, Anderson and Sewu...moves, speed and power. That trifecta has the potential to be something special. And please, let's get the rock in a healthy Turpin's hands as often as possible. Almost forgot to mention...Darn Baylor!

MinFrog

I am REALLY intrigued by this defense. For years we have been clamoring for bigger defenders. Now we have a beefier def line and bigger DBs (guys like Gaines and scott at 6'1" with great speed and Daniels who is a 6' corner with elite speed).

It just seems we can line up with Arkansas as well as Oklahoma State with different lineups depending on team opponent.

I am hoping for many 27-10 wins with 300+ yards on the ground this year.

Gunner

My prediction was for 10 wins, "til I read GP's practice report. Linebackers (2) being moved to defensive end. Chambers and Overshown must be sub par disappointments. I thought we were thin from day one at linebacker, now, we are moving LB's because of DE play.

I withdraw my prediction and go back to 6-6, maybe Houston Bowl. Was so proud we finally got a bigger linebacker in Bush, just to find, he's not playing linebacker anymore. DE now.

GP may be spoofing opposition some, but I don't think so. He's gambling that those monster defensive tackles will protect safties trying to play linebacker. That is some gamble.

Moose Stuff

My prediction was for 10 wins, "til I read GP's practice report. Linebackers (2) being moved to defensive end. Chambers and Overshown must be sub par disappointments. I thought we were thin from day one at linebacker, now, we are moving LB's because of DE play.

I withdraw my prediction and go back to 6-6, maybe Houston Bowl. Was so proud we finally got a bigger linebacker in Bush, just to find, he's not playing linebacker anymore. DE now.

GP may be spoofing opposition some, but I don't think so. He's gambling that those monster defensive tackles will protect safties trying to play linebacker. That is some gamble.

My prediction was for 6-6 until I read this post but now I'm going with 9-3 because there's no way in hell you're gonna be right.

jack the frog

That's a good one and I'm jumping on the 9-3 bandwagon now. With our road games this year, it will be a good season if we can achieve it.

Heck, we might have won 8 eight games last year with a decent kicking game alone. Maybe this year with more QB experience, an improved O-Line and hopefully an improved receiver corp plus better kicking I think 9-3 or better might be in the cards.