• The KillerFrogs

How-To Report Bad Ads/Redirects

Opintel

Moderators
Now Microsoft Edge is getting Flash Player Needs Updating (impossible, as it's part of Windows now). This thing takes over the window that KFC was using! Fortunately it's being stopped by an anti-malware program.

This leaves zero safe browsers to use. You will loose all your traffic if it's not fixed immediately.

Opintel

Moderators
Now Microsoft Edge is getting Flash Player Needs Updating (impossible, as it's part of Windows now). This thing takes over the window that KFC was using! Fortunately it's being stopped by an anti-malware program.

This leaves zero safe browsers to use. You will loose all your traffic if it's not fixed immediately.

Opintel

Moderators

Starting today I'm getting an an ad after every five posts on the main FFF page. Not messing with any other programs as far as I can tell but annoying as hell!

YA

Yeah, what is with the ads to the right of the screen, recent posts list and then our screen name at the top? Very slow loading and moving about the page. Almost unreadable.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Yeah, what is with the ads to the right of the screen, recent posts list and then our screen name at the top? Very slow loading and moving about the page. Almost unreadable.

Amen! I have to increase the view size to 190% to bump the Recent Threads list to the bottom of the page. Please fix this.

ScottPatrick

[link to promotefine]

Just had this

[edit by TxFrog1999 - I removed the link in case someone accidentally clicks on it, but have recorded the URL to report to the ad workgroup]

Last edited by a moderator:

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
promotefine.com

Just had this

Thank you for the link, I'll post that to the workgroup, but keep in mind that some of y'all may have infected cookies lurking on your machine that are being triggered and causing the redirects when you navigate to a page where another poster uses media that calls the cookie. So far I've only seen two reports of redirects and it appears to be the full page, skip to site, style redirect.

ScottPatrick

Thank you for the link, I'll post that to the workgroup, but keep in mind that some of y'all may have infected cookies lurking on your machine that are being triggered and causing the redirects when you navigate to a page where another poster uses media that calls the cookie. So far I've only seen two reports of redirects and it appears to be the full page, skip to site, style redirect.

Thanks but the redirects only occur when on KFc

Purp

Thanks but the redirects only occur when on KFc
Yes, this is the type of redirect I'm getting, but it only happens on KF.c. Also, I cleared my cookies and cache after the last ad service was dumped to ensure I was free from garbage. Whatever I've got is new and I've cleared cookies and cache twice now since the new ads were turned on.