• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball 2018: Summer Thread

Raw Frog

Not ridiculous at all..... The list of teams with better returning pitching than TCU may not include anyone other than Florida. And I would assume Tech is the correct answer to question #2. Their weekend rotation should be really good assuming Davis Martin returns at full strength. I'd probably go with OU next. They return some decent arms and the best hitter in the league IMO (Steele Walker). Wouldn't be entirely shocked if UT took a step back in 2018 as they got absolutely hammered by the draft. They had 11 players drafted and all 11 signed, including some JRs that went in late rounds that ordinarily you would have expected to return. They also lost arguably their top handful of recruits as well.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...baseball-mlb-draft-kacy-clemens-morgan-cooper

I guess that Gingery did not get drafted?

College Summer Teams (help me update)

USA Collegiate National Team
RHP Sean Wymer

California Collegiate League - Santa Barbara Foresters
RHP Jake Eissler
RHP James Morris
C Zach Humphreys

Cape Cod League - Falmouth Commodores
OF Josh Watson

GoFrog Yourself

Not ridiculous at all..... The list of teams with better returning pitching than TCU may not include anyone other than Florida. And I would assume Tech is the correct answer to question #2. Their weekend rotation should be really good assuming Davis Martin returns at full strength. I'd probably go with OU next. They return some decent arms and the best hitter in the league IMO (Steele Walker). Wouldn't be entirely shocked if UT took a step back in 2018 as they got absolutely hammered by the draft. They had 11 players drafted and all 11 signed, including some JRs that went in late rounds that ordinarily you would have expected to return. They also lost arguably their top handful of recruits as well.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...baseball-mlb-draft-kacy-clemens-morgan-cooper
Tech will be very strong next year, they played a lot of freshmen in the field and are returning their entire weekend rotation (glad to get them in Fort Worth in 2018). Agree with OU, Baylor (gag) should be improved, not sure what WVU brings back, and I assume Holiday will have OSU competitive again

Raw Frog

I think Watson should be challenged for the starting LF spot. No way he earned a no competition fall workout pass. Let the best athlete win the starting spot.

Pharm Frog

Interesting story about a former Frog....goes well beyond baseball.

A second chance at life, away from the game he loved
By Roger Mooney, Times Staff Writer

PORT CHARLOTTE — Dylan Delso retired from a pro baseball career he never had.

He walked away from a game that took him around the country as an amateur and eventually led to the desolate backfields at Charlotte Sports Park as an undrafted free agent with the Gulf Coast Rays.

It was baseball that gave Delso hope last year as he recovered from a near-fatal head injury.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/base...e-at-life-away-from-the-game-he-loved/2330891

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Interesting story about a former Frog....goes well beyond baseball.

A second chance at life, away from the game he loved
By Roger Mooney, Times Staff Writer

PORT CHARLOTTE — Dylan Delso retired from a pro baseball career he never had.

He walked away from a game that took him around the country as an amateur and eventually led to the desolate backfields at Charlotte Sports Park as an undrafted free agent with the Gulf Coast Rays.

It was baseball that gave Delso hope last year as he recovered from a near-fatal head injury.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/base...e-at-life-away-from-the-game-he-loved/2330891
Damn...but it sounds like he made the right decision.

He has the Frog Factor

So how are our guys doing in summer ball?
Anyone been following them?

Here you go:

USA Collegiate National Team
RHP Sean Wymer

5.25 ERA over 12 IP (3 games), 7/4 SO/BB

California Collegiate League - Santa Barbara Foresters
RHP Jake Eissler

1.69 ERA over 10 IP (8 games), 18/3 SO/BB

RHP James Morris
10.80 ERA over 3 IP (3 Games), 2/3 SO/BB

C Zach Humphreys
.227/.404/.227 over 58 PA, 7 RBI, 10/10 SO/BB

Cape Cod League - Falmouth Commodores
OF Josh Watson

.238/.611/.238 over 52 PA, 19/9 SO/BB

boonecountyman

Tech will be very strong next year, they played a lot of freshmen in the field and are returning their entire weekend rotation (glad to get them in Fort Worth in 2018). Agree with OU, Baylor (gag) should be improved, not sure what WVU brings back, and I assume Holiday will have OSU competitive again
WVU only loses 3 players.Kyle Davis (Drafted),Jackson Sigmon and Jackson Cramer(Graduated).I believe we have a good recruiting class coming in also.Conner Dotson(broken arm) should be back.Grove may not be ready(TJ surgery)