• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball 2018: Summer Thread

tcumaniac

With our pitching staff, Luken Baker, and my potentially naive assumption that a program of our caliber will be able to fill all our holes with competent players, would it be completely ridiculous to think we make it to Omaha for a 5th straight year?

Who's likely to be the best of the Big 12? Is Tech returning a lot of players?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
df9faaf3_milb.jpg

bench Cron...

Moose Stuff

With our pitching staff, Luken Baker, and my potentially naive assumption that a program of our caliber will be able to fill all our holes with competent players, would it be completely ridiculous to think we make it to Omaha for a 5th straight year?

Who's likely to be the best of the Big 12? Is Tech returning a lot of players?

Not ridiculous at all..... The list of teams with better returning pitching than TCU may not include anyone other than Florida. And I would assume Tech is the correct answer to question #2. Their weekend rotation should be really good assuming Davis Martin returns at full strength. I'd probably go with OU next. They return some decent arms and the best hitter in the league IMO (Steele Walker). Wouldn't be entirely shocked if UT took a step back in 2018 as they got absolutely hammered by the draft. They had 11 players drafted and all 11 signed, including some JRs that went in late rounds that ordinarily you would have expected to return. They also lost arguably their top handful of recruits as well.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...baseball-mlb-draft-kacy-clemens-morgan-cooper