• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

f_399

We have a very young and very talented pitching group. More games under their belt will not hurt.

I am more worried about our offense at this point.

Last edited:

GP's Step-Son

We have very young and very talented pitching group. More games under their belt will not hurt.

I am more worried about our offense at this point.

What team are you watching? It's the exact opposite. Our offense has been improving over the course of the year, it's the starting pitching that has been inconsistent most of the year.

Armadillo

As many know because I make it a bit (which no one thinks is funny except for me) about how JJ is my favorite player, I will say that we have so many talented arms. He's the LAST pitcher I want to lose because he is hands down our best pitcher, but if he truly is lost, either for the season or for a few weeks, then someone else needs to step up. There are a number of players who can step up right now and dominate in a starters role.

Like I said in another thread, thank God we have Traver getting healthy right now.

Pharm Frog

6:00 PM
FRI
Mostly Cloudy 86° 89°
20%
50% S 18 mph

7:00 PM
FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 83° 86°
40%
51% S 18 mph

8:00 PM
FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 80° 83°
45%
60% SSE 14 mph

9:00 PM
FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 74° 74°
35%
77% N 12 mph

10:00 PM
FRI
Scattered Thunderstorms 71° 71°
35%
73% N 12 mph

f_399

Our cars took a beating the last hailstorm. I don't have time to go through that again.

I know it will be scattered but you can't control where and when mother nature will throw down hail.

I will most likely wait till the storms pass then head over.

Ron Swanson

0arvm1c.gif
Ha, I'm laying on the couch drinking that same Scotch as we speak.

GoFrog Yourself

Quick Big 12 recap from Friday:

OSU 12 Tech 10: Tech can swing the bat but getting to their bullpen seems to be the way to beat them. Lefty they brought in last night struggled to find the zone. OSU is playing basically for their postseason lives

KU 15 OU 10: not sure what's wrong with OU lately

WVU 9 KSU 7: WVU rallied with 4 runs in the eighth to win. If they stay hot they should end up hosting

Texas 7 NOLA 1: woopty do basil. Big 12 needs a 10th baseball member

Standings:
TCU (10-3)
WVU (9-4)
Tech (8-5)
KU (7-6)
OU (5-5)
Texas (7-8)
BU (5-8)
OSU (5-8)
KSU (2-11)

Very surprised by the number 4 team in the conference right now. No one in this league should be overlooked

Pharm Frog

Quick Big 12 recap from Friday:

OSU 12 Tech 10: Tech can swing the bat but getting to their bullpen seems to be the way to beat them. Lefty they brought in last night struggled to find the zone. OSU is playing basically for their postseason lives

KU 15 OU 10: not sure what's wrong with OU lately

WVU 9 KSU 7: WVU rallied with 4 runs in the eighth to win. If they stay hot they should end up hosting

Texas 7 NOLA 1: woopty do basil. Big 12 needs a 10th baseball member

Standings:
TCU (10-3)
WVU (9-4)
Tech (8-5)
KU (7-6)
OU (5-5)
Texas (7-8)
BU (5-8)
OSU (5-8)
KSU (2-11)

Very surprised by the number 4 team in the conference right now. No one in this league should be overlooked

OU has had key injuries and played above their station early IMO. They got several back last night and still managed to cough up 4- and 6- run leads last night. Used to be in the bank when Irvin was on the mound with a lead.

GoFrog Yourself

Big 12 Saturday Recap:

Tech 8 OSU 2

KU 5 OU 2: KU sneaking into the tournament discussion

KSU 8 WVU 4: The more I see teams lose in Manhattan the happier I am we snuck out of there with a sweep

Texas 3 NOLA 2

Standings:
TCU (10-4)
Tech (9-5)
WVU (9-5)
KU (8-6)
Texas (7-8)
OU (5-6)
BU (6-8)
OSU (5-9)
KSU (3-11)

Let's take care of business today

Pharm Frog

KSU scores 11 unanswered runs on bullpen.If Grove is done for the year,so is WVU.

Probably won't make you feel any better but Brandon Boone is pitching well out of the pen for St. Edwards (2.35 ERA in 46 innings) and Shaun Corso is batting .399 and slugging at .656 for the #1 team in NAIA (Oklahoma City University).

boonecountyman

Probably won't make you feel any better but Brandon Boone is pitching well out of the pen for St. Edwards (2.35 ERA in 46 innings) and Shaun Corso is batting .399 and slugging at .656 for the #1 team in NAIA (Oklahoma City University).
Corso was a good backup.Boone didn't pitch enough to make a difference.No consistency from bullpen.Mazey doesn't know what he'll get from pitcher to pitcher.Sigman has totally lost it this year.3 solo he's today in 1.2 innings